HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
I want to go faster.
By RKMHD
I am looking to upgrade my sons Razor Groundforce Go Kart. We have had it for over a year. He is looking to go a little faster. With his driving abilties of his 4 wheeler. I have no issue giving him some more speed when the time has come. I am just doing some research to see what our options are. Currently it looks like the Kart runs off of 2 12v 7 ah batteries. Room is tight in the back but I am sure I could come up with something if I needed to add another battery to get it up to 36V. Or replace the 2 for one larger Voltage hopefully smaller footprint than (3) battery if you know what I am saying.

If you are not familiar with these little karts they are for hard surfaces only. A little more torque and speed would be nice. I am guessing I need to upgrade the voltage to 36V from stuff I have read. I think I need 36V of battery, and a 36V controller of some sort. This would overpower the 24V motor and make it run its butt off from what I read.

Please if you have any info on this let me know. Or even what products to use spacifically as I have no clue.

Thanks,
By blake711
36v is the way to go. The motors will handle 1.5x their rated voltage without issue and most razor scooter controllers can be overvolted 12v without issue. If you do over-volt it and the controller goes and you can pick up a 36v one from tnc or some place like that cheap.

a couple things to note. Since the batts are a year old you really should replace them with 3 new ones. Otherwise you can ruin the single newer one.

Also by going 36v on a 24v controller you loose your low voltage cutoff so when it slows down you have to have the kiddo stop ridding so you don't kill the batts that way.

Check out the sister site http://www.modifiedelectricscooters.com if you have more questions guys over there are very familiar with all things razor.
By RKMHD
Thanks for the reply. I am thinking I might just change the controller off the start. If I do that, would I keep my low voltage cutoff.

With this new found power. I should expect a little more acceleration and speed correct? He currently goes about 12mph if it goes 15 and gets there faster I think he will love it.

I'll hit up the other forum and see what I find there as well.
By cderoche
blake711 wrote:36v is the way to go. The motors will handle 1.5x their rated voltage without issue and most razor scooter controllers can be overvolted 12v without issue. If you do over-volt it and the controller goes and you can pick up a 36v one from tnc or some place like that cheap.

a couple things to note. Since the batts are a year old you really should replace them with 3 new ones. Otherwise you can ruin the single newer one.

Also by going 36v on a 24v controller you loose your low voltage cutoff so when it slows down you have to have the kiddo stop ridding so you don't kill the batts that way.

Check out the sister site http://www.modifiedelectricscooters.com if you have more questions guys over there are very familiar with all things razor.

I know this is a bit old, but still relevant. The drifter cart's controller can't handle the 36 volts. I added a 7AH 12V SLA battery my kid ran it twice, first day it ran 16mph according to a cell phone gps app. Day two, the controller burnt. I can't charge the batteries and it won't turn on anymore. The motor was way to hot to touch. Controller was very warm but not hot. I'll likely install a 36v controller and possible a 500w 24v motor if it fits. He didn't run it for more than 15 minutes.
By Art Klobucar
I have 3 of these and they are a blast. I took one for a spin it made close to a mile with me but you could cook on the motor! I decided to make one for me. Mine is 48 volts with a 1000 watt motor. I have 4 18 ah batteries and it tops out at about 20 with me on it and Im 6'3 and 210 lbs! I can drive it for 2 hours and still have juice in the batteries. I ended up breaking the rear axle so I am replacing it with a drift force one which is much stronger. I also retread my rear tires much cheaper then new ones.
Lightning McQueen wiring help

Yea I did take off the switches to clean them. I g[…]

Razor Jr lil crazy

I am wanting to buy my 3 year old a razor. I have […]

Offering 20% off ALL items in the web store 11/21 […]

The LED lights I got are only good to 9W. If I wir[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course