HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
I want to go faster.
By rpicker03
Im new to powerwheels. New to electrical wiring! Not new to modifying anything. I pick up things decently well and learn fairly quickly.

I purchased a Avigo Audi R8 6V (Single Motor). I want it to go faster. I have done some research and realize that Kid Trax batteries have a crazy wiring harness plug. So here is my questions

Whats the best way to make this thing faster and still be able to easily charge the batteries?

Add a second motor?
Replace with a 12v battery? Is it that easy or possible?
Add a second 6v battery in series to make it 12v? If so whats the easies way and still be able to charge both batteries?

I apreciate all your help. Not alot on Avigo or kids trax batteries here that i could find by searching. Thats why im asking. If you know of some sites please direct me. Thanks
By AirForceDad
Do you have any pictures of the plug? that might help but realistically you could take it out and splice in anything. You don't have to use their connector. You will just have to modify the charger as well if you do that.
By adamrx7
I have the same car for my son, you can add another motor to the other side.(It's made for two) I haven't gone 12v yet, waiting for him to get use to driving it first.
By adamrx7
He's getting use to driving. The second motor make a huge difference. It will go anywhere now as before it would get stuck easily. Going to make it faster soon.
By jonnyd91
adamrx7 wrote:He's getting use to driving. The second motor make a huge difference. It will go anywhere now as before it would get stuck easily. Going to make it faster soon.

Can you post how you did this and where you got the extra motor from?
By adamrx7
I got the second motor and gear box from Pacific Cycles at 618-393-2991 if you call hem and says yours is bad they will send one for free. Remember to get another drive wheel also.
By griesmonkey
How does this car perform stock? Can it run through grass? I plan on adding traction pads to the wheels so they don't slip. I basically want it to have enough torque to move through the yard easily. He is getting this for Christmas so I have some time before spring running! How does everyone like theirs so far?

My first thoughts are adding a second parallel 6V. Not sure if the motor can handle 12 V or not.
By AdamT
I just bought this Audi R8 6v at first it went really slow the next day today 12-20-15 I bought a 12v battery from Walmart made some mods to wiring and boy now my 2 1/2 year old boy loves it much more. The motor hasn't showed any overheating signs or negative effects you can also wire two 6v same thing. But I really want to know what the motor is rated for because I plan on going 18v asap then 24v otherwise I'll have to buy another gearbox and set that one up for 12v too. Does anyone know the rating of the motor?
By toycrusher
AdamT wrote:I just bought this Audi R8 6v at first it went really slow the next day today 12-20-15 I bought a 12v battery from Walmart made some mods to wiring and boy now my 2 1/2 year old boy loves it much more. The motor hasn't showed any overheating signs or negative effects you can also wire two 6v same thing. But I really want to know what the motor is rated for because I plan on going 18v asap then 24v otherwise I'll have to buy another gearbox and set that one up for 12v too. Does anyone know the rating of the motor?

It most likely won't handle more than 12v. Only one way to find out for sure though ;)
By ElectricBoost
I have the Avigo 6V GL450 and looking to upgrade but concerned about smoking the PCB and original motor since they do not sell replacements for these items. Are there suitable aftermarket replacements that drop in for these components? Planning to go with 2 6V in series (for now at least)...
By toycrusher
ElectricBoost wrote:I have the Avigo 6V GL450 and looking to upgrade but concerned about smoking the PCB and original motor since they do not sell replacements for these items. Are there suitable aftermarket replacements that drop in for these components? Planning to go with 2 6V in series (for now at least)...

I have a diagram specifically for that at the end of the wiring diagram thread in my signature and it will protect the pcb
By psdesign
Hello,
I have a Kidtrax Audi R8 Spyder (not sure if its the same as AVIGO) and I would like to modify it from 6-12 Volts.
I bought a 12V battery from Fisher Price, and now I am not sure the best way to wire it.
Do I need to follow a wiring diagram to avoid shorting the circuit board?
Can I simply cut the old wires and attach this battery the same?

btw this battery has no lead wires, can I open the top to access the leads or do I need to buy connectors?

thanks for any and all help!
bat1.jpg
IMG_2175 2.JPG

That's why it is a good idea to have a brake relay[…]

Hello All

Hey I am John From Utah here for insights and hel[…]

Hi guys I'm Ben

Hey I'm new here. Just got a used dune racer cheap[…]

Thanks. Yea I hear ya, our kids wear helmets too b[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course