Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
I want to go faster.
Finally got the corvette complete, I ran 10 guage wiring with the ML Toys stage 3 kit with metal gears and talk about fast. Videos soon to come!!! Thanks ML Toys for this great setup Image
Last edited by MattyGNC on Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By MattyGNC
M.L.Toys wrote:Nice clean fit on the batteries. Have fun with it! Nothing like seeing your motors under the hood of a C7 Corvette! Take that Hennessey!

Thanks this is my first time rewiring a whole power wheels. I'll be purchasing the traction spray from you here soon, after one run there is a absolutely no tread left :lol: but this is the most fun my 3 year old has had.
By MattyGNC
Here's a quick video of the motors in action, I haven't been able to get the corvette out due the weather :evil: Image
Last edited by MattyGNC on Tue May 13, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By MattyGNC
I gotta find another kid to race my son's 18 volt mcqueen I just built vs the corvette just to show you guys how fast this is. My prediction is the corvette pulls it hard once it catches traction :twisted:
By MattyGNC
Yeah I already need new tires lol got some on the way and I should have the corvette vs lightning mcqueen video up tomorrow night now that I found someone to drive it. As long as the weather is good the race will happen tomorrow afternoon.
By M.L.Toys
OMG!! That's just the perfectly right amount of power while still safe and an awesome smooth surface to run it on! Would love to link those videos from our website or download them to it. Your kid's face tells it all!
By MattyGNC
M.L.Toys wrote:OMG!! That's just the perfectly right amount of power while still safe and an awesome smooth surface to run it on! Would love to link those videos from our website or download them to it. Your kid's face tells it all!

that would be awesome your more than welcome to use these videos 8-)
By Massie
I just modified my son's C7 to have a "NOS" button. Basically just a button ran to a couple relays that converts it from 12v to 24v on demand. Problem is the right side gear box sounds stripped now and he doesn't have reverse anymore. I tried getting the gear box out yesterday but couldn't figure out how to do it. Any tips for removing the gearbox on this beast? I need to order the metal GB from MLToys.
By Massie
Well I want something that is going to be durable. Any suggestions?

And do you have any pointers for removing the gear boxes? I've already mangled one of the wheel's hubs trying to get them out.
By MattyGNC
Yeah I mangled mine as well plus some of the rim but I ordered a new one but it's impossible to remove the wheel without any damage. This is the only way to remove the gearbox is by taking the wheel off.
By MattyGNC
I just put another Fisher Price 12 volt battery under the seat. It fits perfectly and doesn't move around. Most the after market batteries are too long and won't fit under the seat.
By Mrfairlady
Nice.
Just got my Girl's new 550's installed on her Vette, in hopes for 24v to be do able.I've been running 18v with the stock motors and went 24v and it lasted all of about 2 mins. Heard some noise and then 1 wheel stopped spinning. :cry:

Question:
Did something happen or you noticed to have to change to 10gauge wiring? Im sure thats what i need to do next to be safe.
I also need the metal 1st gears too.
By MattyGNC
It was probably the gear box that went out. You'll have to get the metal 1st gear to prevent that from happening or you'll be replacing stock gearboxes daily. As far as the 10 gauge wiring it helps to keep from burning out switches and the motors from over heating. I've been running this setup for a while without any issues.
By Mrfairlady
Gearbox is still great. Motor Just Stopped and wouldn't work. "Hot to Deaf!!!"
Installed the motors with new pinions (tricky to line up) last night and Got the puller Efans wired up and Heatsinks on the way.Gonna keep it at 18v for now (12v for break in).10ga
21turn 550's should be darn fast.

I Would like to Scooter mod it with the Hall Pedal but i really don't care about lights and all that stuff. Just want the reliablility.
Traction is solved for the front wheels and I keep the Rears Slick for Sliding. Could use 2 new rear's though.

Thanks.
By MattyGNC
So I finally upgraded the corvette to 36 volts to test ML Toys stage 3 kit and it's holding up awesome! I have some videos i'm going to show in a few minutes. This is ridiculously fast :lol: these videos are with 50% battery life, I'll post more videos when I have them fully charged. Also might go to 42 volts this weekend to really test these motors and gears :twisted:
By M.L.Toys
MattyGNC wrote:So I finally upgraded the corvette to 36 volts to test ML Toys stage 3 kit and it's holding up awesome! I have some videos i'm going to show in a few minutes. This is ridiculously fast :lol: these videos are with 50% battery life, I'll post more videos when I have them fully charged. Also might go to 42 volts this weekend to really test these motors and gears :twisted:

:o :o :o :o

You get that boy a helmet yet?
Keep in mind the batteries are not fully charged. Once I get everything in for my esc swap with Hall effect, i'm going to 48 volts! I will throw in another 6 volt and try 42 volts before I swap in the escImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by MattyGNC on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By MattyGNC
M.L.Toys wrote:

:o :o :o :o

You get that boy a helmet yet?

Finally went out and bought him a helmet. I think it looks cool. Image
Last edited by MattyGNC on Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You always forget to zoom in on the gooey mess of melted plastic tires on your driveway after each video... :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Hobbymasters wrote:Love how all you see is the steering wheel turned left when he's going right and right when he's going left!

My son's got it down oversteer and understeer at its finest :lol: his drift skills are getting good
So its top speed is 13 mph, I thought It'd be a little higher than this. It's there anything I can do to get more top end? Could it be the wiring I'm using holding it back? I figured 36 volts in a light car would be faster. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.
Last edited by MattyGNC on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MattyGNC wrote:So its top speed is 13 mph, I thought It'd be a little higher than this. It's there anything I can do to get more top end? Could it be the wiring I'm using holding it back? I figured 36 volts in a light car would be faster. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

Fast

Cheap

Reliable

Choose any two... :lol: :lol: :x :roll:
Seriously though, if you can find specs for your motor, you can calculate theoretical top speed. Then divide by your actual top speed and see your % of loss. If it's over 10%, you may want to look at bearings for the wheels and/or heavier gauge wiring. If it's under 10%, than you may want to increase tire size or try (gasp :o ) 42v or 48v??? :? :twisted:
toycrusher wrote:Seriously though, if you can find specs for your motor, you can calculate theoretical top speed. Then divide by your actual top speed and see your % of loss. If it's over 10%, you may want to look at bearings for the wheels and/or heavier gauge wiring. If it's under 10%, than you may want to increase tire size or try (gasp :o ) 42v or 48v??? :? :twisted:

Believe me I have batteries on the way from Gruber now to test out 42 and 48 Volt :lol: but I feel like there's something holding it back, maybe this is the max? I'm not sure. But even if I go to a higher voltage there's a possibility it's not going reaching full potential. There's so many factors that go into this, I guess it's just stressing me out a bit. I am very new to this still.
Last edited by MattyGNC on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We just had a customer send us video of your same 24 volt system on a Vette but running larger tires. It definitely looked slower. Not sure how much his tires weighed. 13mph is almost doubling the speed of the vehicle and it doesn't really look like the vehicle could safely handle much more cause there's no such thing as an emergency swerve on those tires. If he needs more then 13 I'd say it's time for a go cart!
Ford F150 Raptor tire upgrade

Not quite following from the description and pics[…]

battery wiring question

Hi, I have a little tikes hummer 2, model 441M. […]

Things I DON'T like.

During lab when I was in college (I'm an ECE) my g[…]

Is this alternative similar to CJB Turbo Timer 4 […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course