Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
I want to go faster.
M.L.Toys wrote:We just had a customer send us video of your same 24 volt system on a Vette but running larger tires. It definitely looked slower. Not sure how much his tires weighed. 13mph is almost doubling the speed of the vehicle and it doesn't really look like the vehicle could safely handle much more cause there's no such thing as an emergency swerve on those tires. If he needs more then 13 I'd say it's time for a go cart!

yup that was me! they're the McQueen tires. I don't think there's much difference in weight. I wanted the extra diameter for top end, plus that tire is wider which actually helps a bit with traction.

to the OP, do you have a wiring chart I could look at? I just used the factory gauge wiring and I'm pretty sure I toasted either the accelerator switch or something with the shifter. I also added the voltage gauge (link below) to keep track of the battery life, although I don't THINK that's contributing to the issue.
http://www.mltoys.net/zencart/index.php ... ts_id=1452

looks like I just found my problem with a little more searching. fuses tripping in the 12v fisher price batteries. so is everyone that's converting to 24v or 36v using aftermarket batteries or just doing something difference with wiring? I'm a novice electrician at best so some of this stuff if beyond me.
Well I'm running 2 Fisher Price batteries with a Gruber SLA 12 Volt battery and never had this problem but I'm also running 10 gauge wiring on the whole thing. On a good note I did a few adjustments and achieved 15 mph! Good news is I'm going to be a new owner of a jr dragster for my son! They dropped the age down to 5 and i think he's ready to take the next step!
Last edited by MattyGNC on Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattyGNC wrote:Well I'm running 2 Fisher Price batteries with a Gruber SLA 12 Volt battery and never had this problem but I'm also running 10 gauge wiring on the whole thing. On a good note I did a few adjustments and achieved 15 mph! Good news is I'm going to be a new owner of a jr dragster for my son! They dropped the age down to 5 and i think he's ready to take the next step!

That's awesome, your son will love it! I plan on doing the same in another year. I think I'll take your lead and just rewire it all with 10gauge for good measure. Are you running everything though the factory accel switch and shifter? Any extra fuses? I'd love to reach 15mph once he gets the hang of this set up.

The McQueen tires work well. I had to shave off about 1/2 of material out of the fender well with a drimel to fit them without rubbing. You also need the axel off McQueen since the vette axel is about an inch too long with those tires.

I noticed you're in Houston... have you ever heard of the Texas Speed Syndicate? this is what I do when I'm not modding power wheels :)
I'm still running stock acceleration and shifter switchs and no extra fuses. I bet you Corvette handles a lot better with the wider tires on it. I'm actually from Ohio not Houston lol but I wouldn't mind watching those cars race that's awesome!
UPDATES?
So its at 48v? or still at 36?
Did you cut out the rear axle area to fit another 12v (or 2)?
Ive gotten into the lighting thing :roll: and added led's inside the Fake vette Led portion of headlights to resemble the way the real Vette is and a LED bulb low beam.Also Rear looking OEM Led;s on the Tails. So I have a small 12v 5ah under the seat with my current PW 6v. I will have to move them once I go back to 24v somewhere so I was curious.

Are the ML toys Motors 550 sized? (as far as can size?)
Im tempted to change wiring in mine to 10awg and go back to 24v. Maybe the Titan's can handle 24v......?
I'll have more videos soon at 42 and 48 volts. The motor size that I have is 775. I had an issue with one of the tabs breaking off the motor so it's been down. When fixed I'll shoot some more videos. I'll have most batteries under the hood and one under the seat. I had to go with smaller 12 Volt batteries and 6 volt batteries to make it all fit and it fits perfectly the way i have it set up I still have the 2 Fisher Price batteries hooked up as well.
Last edited by MattyGNC on Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So I went ahead and ditched the Fisher Price batteries for 3 Gruber 12 Volt 12 ah. There was a lot of cutting to get these to fit, I was hesitant to cut into a new car but I went ahead and did it. Turned out very nicely and fits snug. This will run at 42 Volts with Gruber powering it all 8-)
Last edited by MattyGNC on Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
that looks great man! I fit my 2 gruber batteries up front the exact same way. it's a snug fit but it works. I also noticed that the car seems to run a little quicker on these than it did on the two fisher price 12v's I previously had in there.

I finally finished all the 10g wiring on mine last night and seems to run great on 24volts now. Let me know how yours holds up on 36v! I'm feeling the need to stick another 12 under the seat as well.

on the first image, is that little black box with the red wires going to it a fuse?
I recently got my son this corvette and ran 24v and it's awesome.

I want to run another battery to get to 36v as well, my question is how are your ML Toys motors and gears holding up with 36v+?

Any issues? Broken gears or burned motors?

My personal favorite... Schumacher SC-600 Ye[…]

So I would also recommend CJB Turbo Timer setup bo[…]

I am upgrading a Best Choice 12v Jeep purchased fr[…]

mine has a chrome housing with clear lens covers..[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course