Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
I want to go faster.
My son somehow managed to damage the gear assembly on his XUV 550. As I was looking for a replacement I saw this website and the rest is history.

I installed new gear assembly's which appear to be reinforced with a stainless steel plate on the outside (not sure why), after research on here, I chose to go with the HPI 1145 550 motors with heat sinks. I'll say this, I can see an instant speed increase and its significant for my children (3.5 and 2 years old). The motors stayed cool as they're set for 14.4 volts and I'm only running 12 volts right now. Plenty of torque and top speed compared to stock. I do have a 18v setup that I'm going to hold off on for awhile as my daughter fell out of the car yesterday, because my son who was driving, was driving like a 3 year old would.... or maybe I'll fabricate some seat belts...either way I love the new motors and they're worth every penny!!

Thanks for all the great information. I'm not really too handy and this site made the task very easy!! I will need to fabricate a space for the 18v when we're ready but I think it'll be easy and theres plenty of information on here about it.
Do you happen to still have the link to the motors / heat sinks & gear box? I'm only running 12V and my gear boxes are fine, as of now, but I think the motor are getting weak. the diver side motor tends to go in and out or just provide little power. I thought it was a wiring issue but I'm wondering if it's the motor now. (I've replaced them with the OEM type twice now)
Quad Damage (1st gear delete mod)

Yea, the cost of the long pinions does present an […]

Jeep 4x4 12v RC

So Lama Toys is a distributer/retailer but it's no[…]

Hi, I love the idea of putting together a 24v[…]

Just got a pair of the banebot 775 18v version yes[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course