HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
I want to go faster.
Hi everyone!

i just bought my son a Yamaha Raptor 700r (12 Volts ) with Hi/low Speed and reverse. but before my son use it i want to deactivate the high speed on the motorcycle, just as he learns to use it... (he is 4 years old ) :D

any ideas??

thanks in advance

Victor
Cycle or golf cart looking thing? I've got one, but being totally different parts, and no clue of the manufacturer, and inoperable when I got it, I haven't dedicated much time on it, but if you're talking about the same thing (mines black and blue with battery under the hood, accessible through the brush guard) I can't pull it out and apart to check. Should be no harder than pulling shifter, removing one wire and taping it. Hard part, if mine needs a board??? determining what wire.

Edit:
Never mind.... mines a rhino. But regardless, if shifter feeds to board, pull the non Daisy chained wires one at a time and test. One will be slow, ones fast, and the other is reverse. Most likely you will find one wire jumps, and that one will be the "common". It'll probably be easier to remove one single spade from the shifter than from the molex style plug on the board.
Let me know if yours isn't a little tykes.
Looks like it may be a motion trends?
With 2 switches below the shifter handle. I can't tell you how to remove the shifter, but I can tell you that it has 2 switches, one will be forward/reverse, and the other is high/low. If play with the handle between high/low forward, you will be able to determine which switch is being worked. If the switch has 6 wires plugged into it (as it looks to me) you can't really leave it unplugged. BUT.... you may? be able to move the plug from being pushed onto all 6 terminals, to only being plugged into 4. Or you can just flip the switch to low and remove that switch from the shifter and tape it to keep the switch from being bumped into fast, and simply leave that one switch out of the shifter. Removing and taping the switch you keep the wires all plugged in. And either way you plan to try, use a digital camera or smart phone and snap a picture before you pull any wires. If you turn a plug, or swap connectors, goofy things happen, like fast reverse, or reverse/fast/low in that order. You can still use a sharpie marker, but taking a sharpie and making one mark on one plug and switch then 2 marks on the other is helpful.

Hopefully this wasn't too confusing and accurate? I don't have any motion trends but looking up the shifter it looks similar to the power wheels shifter, but they use a screw to prevent the handle from reaching the 2nd gear position. Good luck, and let us know what you find.
Suburbancharlie77 wrote:Cycle or golf cart looking thing? I've got one, but being totally different parts, and no clue of the manufacturer, and inoperable when I got it, I haven't dedicated much time on it, but if you're talking about the same thing (mines black and blue with battery under the hood, accessible through the brush guard) I can't pull it out and apart to check. Should be no harder than pulling shifter, removing one wire and taping it. Hard part, if mine needs a board??? determining what wire.

Edit:
Never mind.... mines a rhino. But regardless, if shifter feeds to board, pull the non Daisy chained wires one at a time and test. One will be slow, ones fast, and the other is reverse. Most likely you will find one wire jumps, and that one will be the "common". It'll probably be easier to remove one single spade from the shifter than from the molex style plug on the board.
Let me know if yours isn't a little tykes.
Looks like it may be a motion trends?
With 2 switches below the shifter handle. I can't tell you how to remove the shifter, but I can tell you that it has 2 switches, one will be forward/reverse, and the other is high/low. If play with the handle between high/low forward, you will be able to determine which switch is being worked. If the switch has 6 wires plugged into it (as it looks to me) you can't really leave it unplugged. BUT.... you may? be able to move the plug from being pushed onto all 6 terminals, to only being plugged into 4. Or you can just flip the switch to low and remove that switch from the shifter and tape it to keep the switch from being bumped into fast, and simply leave that one switch out of the shifter. Removing and taping the switch you keep the wires all plugged in. And either way you plan to try, use a digital camera or smart phone and snap a picture before you pull any wires. If you turn a plug, or swap connectors, goofy things happen, like fast reverse, or reverse/fast/low in that order. You can still use a sharpie marker, but taking a sharpie and making one mark on one plug and switch then 2 marks on the other is helpful.

Hopefully this wasn't too confusing and accurate? I don't have any motion trends but looking up the shifter it looks similar to the power wheels shifter, but they use a screw to prevent the handle from reaching the 2nd gear position. Good luck, and let us know what you find.

Thanks Charlie!! i like the idea .. im going to start checking the cable layout and marking the cables... this is just a temporary fix, so i dont have to run after my kid when he begin to learns to use the cycle jejeje.

i let you know how it goes.. :-D

The originator of the Hurrican pneumatic tire thre[…]

Check out my RC Dune Racer

The finished product is a beach cart. https:[…]

You'll need a 12v battery and a 6v battery of matc[…]

Throttle switch

I was trying to check the inside of the petal swit[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course