HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
I want to go faster.
By sgtSnow
I saw a great deal on a 12v 2-speed quad and immediately snatched it up. Once my daughter hopped on it, it seemed extremely slow. Turns out it has a top speed of 2mphs. I'm new to power wheels but this seems odd to me. At any rate, I want to make it faster.

This is the quad in question.
https://bestchoiceproducts.com/collecti ... ghts-music

I've been doing some research but unsure of the best route to go. Here is what I know.

The only info I can find on the motor comes from the item description. It's 15 watts. That seems extremely low to me. Some forums have put other 550 motors around the 200 watt area. I pulled one motor out but cant find any detailed spec sheets on the part number. They are 550 12v 9000rpm motor. 10t pinion. The motors are wired in parallel.

I was initially going to go the 18v route but I have some hesitation for two reasons:
1. I found a circuit board with a 15A 14v relay in it. Based on the fact forums say I should throw a 30A inline fuse in, Im guessing it will get fried immediately.
2. If the motors are truly crap at 15 watts as I suspect, wouldn't it just be better to replace the motors with either the hpi or traxxas 550 motor sets?
Where to find batteries

I like to take computer UPS's and use the batterie[…]

I’m trying to find headlights for this Jeep. They[…]

Most of the ESCs should have current limiting buil[…]

Lightning McQueen wiring help

Collage_Fotor.jpg

HobbyMasters Udemy Course