HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
I want to go faster.
By nbroox
hey folks. I have a 3 month old Dune Racer Extreme that I added a 6v battery in series to make 18v. no other mods. worked great for a couple weeks but has started running really slow all the time.
I checked and switched batteries and chargers. tires spin at about the same speed, it's in high gear with the lock out screw removed. any advice?
By Bigmac41288b
Did you test the voltage on the batteries to confirm they are getting a full charge?
By nbroox
testing them: the 6v battery (power wheels 008101-1459) will competely charge and be dead within a few minutes. voltage tests are inconsistent
By Bigmac41288b
Full charge on a 6v battery is about 6.4v or above and for a 12v fully charged should be about 12.8 or above. It sounds like you might have a bad 6v battery but without knowing the voltage readings it's just a guess.
By nbroox
thanks for the help! after a day of charging the PW 6v battery showed full charge and voltage reading was 6.2

I put it in the Dune Racer (with the fully charged stock 12v) and it lasted about 30 minutes. volt reading was 0. what does it mean when a battery fully discharges in less than an hour?
By Shambosley
More volts is going to drain the batteries faster. When running batteries in series you should always use batteries of the same amphour, When running in parallel they should always have they same volts. You may want to get a 12v and 6v of higher amphour. Don't know what a stock 12v is, mybe 9.5ah, your gonna want at least 12ah for a decent run time
By Bigmac41288b
Volt reading on any battery should never reach zero. A dead 12v battery is 10.5v and should be recharged at about 11.9v for battery longevity. So 6v batterys are about 5.3 for completely dead and should be recharged at about 5.9 for same reasons as above.
Quad Damage (1st gear delete mod)

Yea, the cost of the long pinions does present an […]

Jeep 4x4 12v RC

So Lama Toys is a distributer/retailer but it's no[…]

Hi, I love the idea of putting together a 24v[…]

Just got a pair of the banebot 775 18v version yes[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course