Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
I want to go faster.
Hello everyone. I have a originally 6v "Power Wheels" (not an actual Power-Wheels, seems like a Chinese knockoff) that had 1 single motor pushing 1 wheel. I bought 2 brand new upgraded gear boxes/motors, 30k RPM and 12v (https://goo.gl/t6EyqZ). I installed them both to the back wheels fairly easily, the hole was there already so not a problem.

I gutted the previous wiring since it was a remote control type of toy and I didn't want the remote control functionality anymore since it was fairly delayed, and my daughter was old enough to control it on her own.

I installed 2x 12v batteries, and installed an inline 10 amp cylinder fuse

See image below for the diagram of what I have now.

My problem is, the fuse will break randomly. When I first started it, it broke after 15 seconds. When I replaced the amp, I ran it for an hour before it broke. So what am I doing wrong here?

It's SO much fun for them when its running full force, any help or guidance would be appreciated.
I don't know what your wire gauge is but that setup requires a 30-40amp fuse. If your wires are getting hot you will need to either decrease voltage or upgrade wiring. I would try a 30amp fuse and monitor the wiring and components for heat. Warm should be fine but hot or discolored wiring is a sign of impending problems.
You might be fine with what wiring you have. I don't know what you have. The wiring you have may be fine if it doesn't get hot with a 30 amp fuse installed. Wire gauge should be minimun 14 gauge. 12g or 10g preferred. The voltage is known at 24v. The stock components usually are maxed out with 40amp fuse for protection. The motors are the unknown. Depending on the motor specs you could either be totally fine or driving a fire hazard. Start with the higher amp fuse and see how it responds (wire/motor temps).

Would you guys share pictures of your set up with […]

I’m trying to do this same thing with the Audi ver[…]

installed the new gearboxes and the kids drove aro[…]

Cheap traction DIY

Hey guys, I’m looking to repair some plastic tires[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course