Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
I want to go faster.
Hello, this is my first post so I apologize if this question was already answered in a different post.

My son has a 6V police Tahoe that I had decal to match my patrol car. I would like to make it a faster for him now that he is older and also add another led light package to it. My question is has anyone already converted the same model to 12v or higher could share pictures and a list of parts needed. Once again any help would be great. Thank you

A friend of mine just got the 12v Rollplay Silverado and while I was checking it out I noticed it came pre-wired to accept a second battery. I bring this up because it didn't say anything about the 2nd battery wiring in the instruction manual so if you haven't already, you may want to poke around in the battery compartment and see if your Tahoe has the same setup because if it does then all you have to do is order another 6v battery.

If it's not, you can order a 12v replacement battery directly from Rollplay and swap the 6v for the 12v (provided the connectors are the same) and again, you're pushing 12v to the motors with minimal effort on your part.

The one area of concern I'd have with this project is whether the 6v Tahoe's control board will handle 12v because the control boards in a lot of these new ride-ons will get fried when you try to add more power.

As for the additional light bar, I'd run those to a separate 6v battery and wire up a toggle switch to turn them on and off, that seem like it would be easier than trying to tap into the existing light wiring.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

TheHungryHippo

Ok, just checked troubleshooting and I think the s[…]

didn't get any answer here , so far looks like the[…]

I may have one in the dream dazzler project I plan[…]

I am glad to read that you come up with outstandin[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course