Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
I want to go faster.
Hi all. New here. I just bought my 5yo granddaughter a Yamaha Raptor Special Edition 12V for Christmas. I was actually surprised at the durability and speed. It was WAY better than I expected. Last year I bought her the Dodge Ram dually power wheel and she would barely touch it. I thought maybe she was just scared of it or something.. the speed or power (she was only 4).. but we get this Raptor - and she hops on and takes off trying to be a daredevil haha! I don't know what happened, but I love it! I think the speed, as it is, is perfect for my other granddaughter who will be 4 in February, but after seeing this one on it, I want to know what I have to do to speed it up!! My son said something about an 18v battery?!? Do I JUST need an 18v battery? Or have to do something else to it? I just want to make sure I do it the right way if we're going to upgrade. And if so.. anybody know the best and cheapest place to look for them? Thanks in advance!
~Lola

after seeing this one on it, I want to know what I have to do to speed it up!!
Lots of options. Gameboy reposted this almost a decade ago, excerpt below: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=336

-----

Easy MODS - Painting, adding new stickers, minor repairs or replacing stock parts.(switches, relays)

Medium MODS - Different batteries, Different motors, Heat sinks, inline fuses.Different tires or traction bands on them.

Hard MODS - Changing out gear boxes with non stock units, wiring.

Extreme MODS - going to 18 volts or above, body lifts, wanting to go to scooter motors, eliminating gear boxes.

-----

Check out that last level of mods, especially the bolded part.

You can do a lot to make it much faster. At a certain point you need to stop and ask if you're building a faster ride-on toy, or an electric go-kart capable of going 20 or 30 MPH that you need to put safety equipment onto and make the kid wear motorcycle gear. Are we going to that level?

What are your skill levels in the following?

1) Tools and general fix-it skills?
2) Electrical knowledge?
3) Ability to learn from a YouTube video?

A stock Yamaha Raptor Special Edition 12V goes 5 MPH according to the advertisement. How fast do you want it to go, and how much money do you want to spend to get it there?

Looking for information on this seemingly early mo[…]

"Best Choice" Jeep?

Just took it off and it is broken. Where can I fin[…]

Peg Perego axle diameter

I’m looking to do some custom work on my peg[…]

The first is a 6V mcqueen. The second is a 12V mc[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course