KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new batteries? Going from 12V to 18V or 6V to 12V? Wiring Questions?
Ok First off, I wanted to start this off by saying I just need this jeep to last another month before I have the money to start my project on it. It is a 2000s Model Fire Rescue Jeep. I was able to find a donor jeep (not fire resuce but same model and almost all the parts fit). I chnaged out the gearboxes from the donor to the rescue jeep and put the smaller tires on the donor jeep on the front of the rescue jeep.
As far as battery, I have a 12 Volt 20AH primary battery plus many backup to switch out when it dies. I have that hooked up to a fuse panel with a 30 amp and then a 40 amp fuse after it kept blowing the 30 it did so with the 40. I have stock power wheels wire running to the components with the exception of the wires hooking to the battery. They are pure copper wire that is rated up to 900 volts and 100 amps.
Yesterday he was out riding and it blew a fuse, put in another 30 and it blew within minutes. Tried a 40 amp fuse and it lasted about 5 minutes before blowing. So I tested it with no fuse and the wires started smoking (the stock wires not my super wire lol) He wasnt on it when I was testing it.
So Today I broke out the multimeter. At the positive and neg hook up to the battery I have no continuity, I checked the switches on the shifter with the ground wire and have continuity and same with the motors.
So I pulled the switch out on the foot pedal. It has 3 connectors, One by itself (live wire coming from battery in) then two connectors closed together that run to the gear shift. I unhooked the switch and jump the positive connection to the other two and tested for continuity on the ground wire and it did. Hooked it up to the switch and no continuity from the first plug, but continuity from the back
The connectors are numbered 3 (by its self) 2.1 (grouped). Pedal not pressed I have continuity between 2 and 1. No continuity on 3-1 or 3-2 or 3-2-1. Pedal Pressed down continuity on only 3-2. Less then .02 resistance when there is a connection. Could this be the issue?
Thanks for posting the follow-up. 9/10 times, in my experience, it's a bad switch somewhere, usually the shifter.

I've got a few rides that need new switches in there but the Pegs are such a hassle to work on. :lol:
Jeep 4x4 12v RC

So Lama Toys is a distributer/retailer but it's no[…]

Hi, I love the idea of putting together a 24v[…]

Just got a pair of the banebot 775 18v version yes[…]

Motor stock 12v

Two things: (A) I don't see an integrated cooling […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course