KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new batteries? Going from 12V to 18V or 6V to 12V? Wiring Questions?
By sparky
I have a Step 2 Mighty Mac truck. I bought 2 6 volt batteries and put them in series. There is no wiring diagram. There is a red and black wire that I connected to the battery. The truck runs forward in fast speed. There is also an orange and gray wire. There is no reverse or slow speed. I believe that is because the orange and gray are not hooked to power. If anyone has one of these trucks or knows the hookup, please let me know. Thanks, Sparky.
By Gruber_Power
sparky wrote:I have a Step 2 Mighty Mac truck. I bought 2 6 volt batteries and put them in series. There is no wiring diagram. There is a red and black wire that I connected to the battery. The truck runs forward in fast speed. There is also an orange and gray wire. There is no reverse or slow speed. I believe that is because the orange and gray are not hooked to power. If anyone has one of these trucks or knows the hookup, please let me know. Thanks, Sparky.

Ground wires, perhaps?
By taz11
I suspect one 6v should be connected to the red and black and the other should be connected to the orange and grey. That's just an educated guess, I'm not familiar with that particular vehicle. Make sure you hook up a fuse in case I'm wrong :?
By Gruber_Power
taz11 wrote:I suspect one 6v should be connected to the red and black and the other should be connected to the orange and grey. That's just an educated guess, I'm not familiar with that particular vehicle. Make sure you hook up a fuse in case I'm wrong :?

Make sure you also have some hair gel handy for that cool spiked hair look! :lol:
By sparky
I appreciate the responses. The orange wire is fused and the gray would be the negative wire. This is a 12volt system. I have tried hooking up each set to a six volt battery and nothing happens. Keep those suggestions coming. Thank you all, Sparky.
By Gruber_Power
sparky wrote:I appreciate the responses. The orange wire is fused and the gray would be the negative wire. This is a 12volt system. I have tried hooking up each set to a six volt battery and nothing happens. Keep those suggestions coming. Thank you all, Sparky.

CJB wrote:My suggestion is to take it apart a little and trace the wires. We can make guesses all day, but you'd be best off to just see where they all go and relate it to an existing diagram here on the forum. OR, just rewire it all together.

Very true, a picture may help as well - I'm no wiring guy, so just a suggestion.
By InfamousTree
i have one of these with stock batteries, if you never figured this out or gave up, who knows, but at least the info will be here.
Battery one:
+ : orange
- : black
battery two:
+ : red (w/ 35a fuse)
- : grey
By dparkar
I just got a mighty mac too. Need new batteries for it. I am not able to find new batteries for it with the same connector. Wondering what you ended up doing.
By Elebieg
Hi, I am at the same page.
I bought step 2 mighty mac with out battery and charger. Any help would be appropriate.

SigEp, I have not heard from you if one Earnhardt[…]

Thanks for the reply. Doesn't sound good. It loo[…]

Hey there, Nothing wrong with asking before you br[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course