KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new batteries? Going from 12V to 18V or 6V to 12V? Wiring Questions?
Hello friends!

My kids Mini Cooper's battery just bit the dust and I bought a Zeus 12V12AH replacement battery and am in the process of wiring it up. On the old battery (pictured)Image I noticed that the 30a fuse is (or was) connected to the negative terminal. I bought an inline fuse (also pictured) but everything I've read says it belongs on the POSITIVE terminal and that the old/dead stock battery has one built in. Can someone please share their wisdom and expertise?

Also, is it ok to use the same plug in charger that came with the original battery? It has a little light on it that turns from orange to green when battery is fully charged (although it just seems to be stuck on green for some reason).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Matty

The fuse does not matter as long as it disconnects the circuit. The charger is most likely stuck on green because your old battery is shot . If that condition goes away with the new battery the charger is ok to use.
a quick copy/paste from the web that explains it nicely...
From the standpoint of Physics, it’s negative to positive. The particle responsible for electricity, the electron, has a negative charge. In, for example, a battery, the negative terminal has an excess of electrons and the positive terminal has a deficit. When the two terminals are connected, the electrons begin flowing from the negative to the positive (then back to the negative, internally in the battery).

From the standpoint of electronics, however, it doesn’t matter. You can imagine the electricity flowing from negative to positive or from positive to negative, and (in every case that matters to electrical engineers) you’ll get the same results every time. This is why some applications to electronics were discovered even before the charge of the electron was known, and why many electronics textbooks will talk about electricity flowing from positive to negative. Also, in electronics diagrams, things like diodes and transistors are drawn as though electricity flows from positive to negative.
Source
Volts/ current regulator

Many thanks. I had a go at this earlier today, how[…]

Need a help

Hi! This is my first build on upgrading my kids N[…]

I want to upgrade the motors to 775 with at least […]

Magic Cars modifications

Hello everyone, did anyone have any success with m[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course