KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new batteries? Going from 12V to 18V or 6V to 12V? Wiring Questions?
I'm sorry, I'm not even sure if I'm posting in the correct forum. I made my husband pick up a junked dynacraft bmw i8 concept car because I was convinced I could fix it. I have no idea what I'm doing but I really want to learn. First off I can't get it to turn on. I charged the battery it came with but no signs of life anywhere. Everything looks connected. My son has a mater ride on with a 6v battery I was thinking of testing with the i8 but not sure how to go about that. This thing is a filthy beast and needs a lot of tlc but I don't even know if I'm missing anything. Any tips? My husband has a degree in electrical engineering but no interest in this so I want to learn what I can if anyone will help :)

Thanks!
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-08-03-01-18-10-1-1-440x359.jpg
Screenshot_2017-08-03-01-18-10-1-1-440x359.jpg (31.27 KiB) Viewed 333 times
First if the car looks like that it probably needs a new battery: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GYHBE ... tery&psc=1 this battery is cheaper than the one sold by the company and will give you longer range. I'd just cut of the factory plug (if it only has two wires running out of it) and put t2 plug ends on it (they fit the battery). Then just pick up a float charger from harbor freight or Amazon they are pretty cheap (no more than $10 normally). This is the setup I run on all my Powerwheels.
If youd like I can help you further, just ask on my brushless on a budget page (it's under projects) I'd be happy to help and answer questions.
I'd suggest more pics of it as it's easier to find out what is wrong with it if you can see more of it.

SigEp, I have not heard from you if one Earnhardt[…]

Thanks for the reply. Doesn't sound good. It loo[…]

Hey there, Nothing wrong with asking before you br[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course