KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new batteries? Going from 12V to 18V or 6V to 12V? Wiring Questions?
By Shambosley
I'm having the worst luck with spade connectors coming loose on batteries and sometimes even relays. Is there some easy way to keep them on better that I'm missing, like hot glue or something of that sort. I have the batteries in the front compartment strapped down but the wires connectong the two 6v batteries in series are coming off and the 12v spades in the back come off as Well.

I'm just looking for others tips and tricks, for fixing loose connections as of course there is no smooth rides on a PW.
By Glorydays
Pinching helps. I've had better luck with female connectors that are circular, "U" shaped as opposed to "V" shaped. (The part that makes contact.) I've had that problem too and found that bending the battery tabs down towards the battery will help snug up the fit. (keep the rounded part of the connector towards the battery, it's thicker)
By CJB
If soldering is not a practical option try this...

In the connectors and tabs there should be holes/slots of some kind. Take about 1" of some small wire strands and thread them through both the connector and the tab and twist them tight. Usually 3-4 strands works and fits well. Doesn't help a loose connection electrically but will keep it from slipping off.

Personally, I solder everything.
By Shambosley
Yeah all my wires are soldered to the connectors but I dont want to solder them to the battery since I like to remove the batteries for transportating and battery charging. The wire through the slots on the connecotrsis exactly the tricks and tips. I was looking for. As well as previously mentioned crimping conectors a bit to make them more snug. All very good advice, thanks All!
By Dario
You're talking about the flat tabs (male) and the rolled female ones? Are those called Faston connectors?

Somebody makes female ones with a locking slider. Only know this because some of my cars came with them. I can't seem to find them for sale anywhere. Soldering is fine most places. I'd prefer to not have to solder to the battery tabs since I want to be able to easily swap batteries and change voltages.

HI there Coopz. I'm from Italy so..forgive my engl[…]

Ford F150 Raptor tire upgrade

Sorry for the late response. So after the modifica[…]

Sounds like the switch. Pop it out and test with a[…]

The project is picking up pace. The 1" tubes […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course