KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new batteries? Going from 12V to 18V or 6V to 12V? Wiring Questions?
Hey everyone, I am new around here and could use some help.

First off, I am an auto technician by trade so I am somewhat knowledgeable about 12v DC wiring.

We recently picked up an old 12v Jeep Wrangler (model # 74440-9993). It works, but did not have the 2- 6v batteries with it. I want to change it over to the newer Power wheels 12v battery (the gray cube P/N 00801-0638) or equivalent from Gruber since we have a Dune Racer. That way we only have 1 battery type for both vehicles. I already tested the old Jeep with the newer battery (with jumper wires) and verified both forward speeds and reverse work.

Now for the questions: I found the battery side female connectors on eBay and Amazon, but the vehicle side battery connector seems hard to come by or pretty expensive. Is there a good place to buy both connectors at a reasonable price?

Can the male charging connector be used on the vehicle harness instead of the normal on-vehicle connector?

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Thinking about using SAE 2 pin connectors instead. Is there a list of good/bad smart chargers on MPW forums? Any recommendations that are around $15-$25 per charger? Looking at doing a 6v/12v 2ah or less charger that can do SLA or AGM batteries.
Roadside Jeep Limited rebuild

Well, a major finger injury took me out for a few […]

Dune racer build up help

This drill: http://www.hitachipowertools.ca/en/Pro[…]

"Best" Choice JEEP

I'm not familiar with the brand but the symptoms p[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course