KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new batteries? Going from 12V to 18V or 6V to 12V? Wiring Questions?
By Terry208
I apologize in advance if this topic has already been touched on, I looked through the battery FAQ and didn’t see anything. Is it possible to upgrade past a 24 V battery? Can the motors handle it? Looking at buying one of the PW Dune racer and was curious on what would the max battery I could put in with out modding the motor. Again I apologize if this question is beating a dead horse please direct me where I need to go for an answer.
By Hammer-fm
The stock gearbox and stock motors aren't going to handle even 24V for very long (the little 550 motors will overheat). You could go to 36V only with the correct motor (think "Scooter" motor, or a major gearbox customization ala the quad-damage mode) and a variable-speed controller.

The stock motors are going to last 'awhile' at 18V, but anything more than that and you're going to reduce the longevity a lot. I killed one in < 45minutes running 20.5V max (on a speed controller) -- overheated the motor and the 1st gear (which spun the 1st gear shaft in the gearbox case, ruining the case as well). You can do a 775 conversion for fairly cheap that may survive 24V for a longer period.

What exactly do you want as an end goal? More torque, more top speed?
By lexx0116
I have dune racer too and am doing 24v setup using eastcoastpowerup ESC kit. For my part, I have switched out the motors with a beefier ones (775) and higher pinion tooth count for the gearboxes
"Best" Choice JEEP

I got this same Jeep as a Christmas present for m[…]

just wanted to share this upgrade mustang 2017 sma[…]

Thanks, this is the first BPRO I have owned so sti[…]

I just bought the upgrade kit for my ranger. Haven[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course