KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new batteries? Going from 12V to 18V or 6V to 12V? Wiring Questions?
By riesscar
Greetings,

I have upgraded my sons Dynacraft 12v ride on to 18v, and replaced the stock motors with Titan 775’s. The stock electrical setup is an in-line fuse connected to the positive battery lead rated at 25amps, and a thermal glass fuse rated at 30 amps on the negative lead coming from the battery. I replaced both with Bussman auto-resetting circuit breakers rated at 40amps.

My concern is that the breakers have a 12v rating. Will this create a problem given that they are connected to an 18v power source?
By riesscar
As a quick addendum:

I looked for circuit breakers rated for a higher voltage, but could only find fuses. Does voltage matter, or is amperage the only thing to be concerned with? If I need a breaker rated for higher voltage, could someone link one?
Thanks,
CMR
By dlgg7
Most don't worry so much about the voltage rating on the replacement, usually the amperage is what causes a trip due to the load. More of a "load" on the batteries, the higher the current load which builds up heat causing the breaker to kick out. I've seen thermisters used also on cheaper rides, I take'em out and run heavier wiring and just use an inline fuse.
"Best" Choice JEEP

I would look for a self re-setting breaker somewhe[…]

Dune racer build up help

If you want to retain similar torque to the "[…]

i am curious, can’t seem to find this anywhere. bu[…]

Sounds like the relay coil may have failed. Make s[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course