KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new batteries? Going from 12V to 18V or 6V to 12V? Wiring Questions?
By robertojvargas
Hi all. New to the Forum. My kid received a rollplay 6V BMW for Christmas from his grandparents. He is hesitant to drive it because mostly we are indoors due to snow and the take-off is pretty fast for his first car. From my reading it seems like installing a pwm is the best idea. I don't want to spend a lot of time rewiring a bunch of things because I suspect I will be doing the opposite and speeding up the car in just a few short months.... seems like a pwm before the motor would be simplest.

My question is will a 5A pwm be enough to drive the single 6V motor? I found one on Amazon that will go all the way down to 3V so it should slow the engine down, but I'm not sure if it'll drive the engine. I've looked around and can't find any details as to how much the engine will pull.

Thoughts? Thank you and happy New Year.

Roberto

By Hammer-fm
I've had good luck using these step-down converters:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-DC-CC-CV-Bu ... Sw5cRZMQV-

They do indeed output 12A short-circuit, as rated, and can be adjusted down to almost zero. I'm running one on the Lil' Kawasaki (with a 14.4V drill battery as the power source, outputting ~10V for the current user), and several in parallel on one of the larger PWs.

I don't know anything about the Rollplay vehicles. As long as it's just a switch (no remote, no controller already), this will work fine. As the minimum rated input voltage is 7V, you'll likely want a 12V battery.
Uenjoy modifications

Hi, my name is Nick, I bought one of those Uenjoy/[…]

Uenjoy modifications

Hi, my name is Nick. I bought one of those uenjoy[…]

sbobet เป็นเว็บไซต์ที่หลายๆคนต้องรู้จักกันไม่ม[…]

Thank scomes out of the Corvette and should drop i[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course