KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new batteries? Going from 12V to 18V or 6V to 12V? Wiring Questions?
By AWESOME DADDY
Hello MPW people . Well hubbys at work and meant to research things earlier but took a nap before work so here i am ( The wife ) asking you all questions and not a clue of what im talking about , this is all over text that im getting all the info from my husband while he is suppose to be working lol .Ok we have a BLITZ JEEP 6v ,single motor that was pure stock . It now has 2 of the motors and gearboxes that it originally came with that model jeep and a 12v 7ah battery I think has been powering it for few years now and has worked great for the girls. Now its being kind of handed over to the neighbors boys that have been riding it lately but the "Men" say it needs to be faster now that a boys behind the wheel . Pfffff But he says he has a few 12v (not sure the ah) batteries from a electric moped that was wrecked out . Now with this being said He wants to figure out exactly how much power those motors and gear boxes will take before they blow up and is there a diagram for how to wire it? It can be a 18v with a 12v turbo button or if some how make it a 24v with a 12v turbo button ? They just want to make this thing as fast as possible so the 3yr old can be faster than the 5 yr old boys down the street.And yes once the older kids see it you know they will want a turn but they are probably around 70 pounds so might have to take that into consideration but this thing needs to boogie ! PLEASE HELP

tHANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME AND ALL YOUR HELP LADIES AND GENTLEMEN ! Sincerly The Wife
By Hammer-fm
First question is whether the second gearbox was added in series or in parallel with the first one. Are both gearboxes getting 12V? If they're in series then the first speed mod would be to change that wiring and that will ~double the speed.

If it came with 6V-rated motors, they'll likely last only a short time at 12V. However, it's not possible to know the real rating of the motors without identifying information about the motors themselves. The vendor may have put in a motor with a nominal application voltage of 9.6V (or anything) and just run it at 6V. A picture of the gearbox/motor may yield a model # that could be referenced. If not, we'll never really know...

Shes alive again!! Replaced the foot pedal and all[…]

"Best Choice" Jeep?

Sounds like attaching another 12volt will do some […]

I see a ton of 24v motors on the chinese sites. ha[…]

Yes, You can run them in series but it's no[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course