KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new batteries? Going from 12V to 18V or 6V to 12V? Wiring Questions?
By BadaBing
I bought a "Best" Choice Jeep from Amazon and my daughter LOVES it. Problem is that we have been through two batteries and now a FULL refund from Best Choice Products. Now we are stuck with the JEEP and two "good" batteries. The charger does not charge the battery at all anymore. It would be great if I could keep this simple (I AM NEW TO ALL OF THIS). Ideas on chargers that I would use to charge these batteries and just cycle them in and out... Other than this charging issue the Jeep is great.

Thoughts....
Attachments
32130554_10216029085184802_1044912319882067968_n.jpg
32130554_10216029085184802_1044912319882067968_n.jpg (88.07 KiB) Viewed 1653 times

By 67camaro496

i have two of these and they are great
By Jcblinn
I got this same Jeep as a Christmas present for my daughter. The top speed is 3.7 mph and that was fine for a while.... But I figured its time I turned that 12v system into a 24.

It has a 12v "control box" that runs the lights/radio and most importantly the bluetooth remote. What I've been attempting to do is rewire it to use 24v going forward but remain 12v going backwards.

I've attempted several times but can't seem to get the wiring right. I'm currently using 3 batteries. 2 in a series to run forward and 1 to power the control box, open the relays, and reverse. I've tried using 2 and then 3 relays with several different configurations of wiring with no luck. I even tried using some zener diodes.

I'm obviously no electrician, but there has got to be a way to make it happen. And from the forums I've read, some of you guys really know your stuff. I marvel at some of your wiring diagrams and tried to incorporate them into mine, but haven't found anything with the 12v control box.

At this point, im not quite sure if I'm doing this for me or for my daughter. Either way I'm committed to see it out to the end. Any help is greatly appreciated.
By Chasek99
So I have one of these for my daughter and she would love to drive it more but I’ve had issues. Got it for Christmas but couldn’t use it til spring as I live in a snowy area. Get it all ready to ride and it only goes for 10 seconds then stops, take the foot off the gas and then back on and 10 more seconds, and repeat. Called the company and the told me basically tough star fish and buy a new battery as they only have a 3 or 6 month warranty. Tried a new battery and still the same issue. Should I be changing out the gears? If so what rpm should I go with, wouldn’t mind faster but I’m not building a race car either. Any help would be a life saver
By wired
I'm not familiar with the brand but the symptoms point to a faulty breaker.
By Chasek99
Where would I start to look into that? I was wondering if the motors could be bad. Any advice would be great
By wired
Chances of both motors failing are slim. Can you raise the drive wheels off the ground and get the vehicle to run when foot pedal switch is depressed? This is an easy way to test the electrical with no load.
By Chasek99
Just tried that and it ran as long As I held the rear end up, usually with my daughter riding it, it will only run for 10 seconds. If it runs fine with no load what do I need to replace?
By wired
I would look for a self re-setting breaker somewhere in the wiring. If there is nothing else wrong with the vehicle the breaker may be failing and tripping prematurely when the vehicle is under load. Can your daughter drive it on a smooth flat surface without experiencing the problem? Check for string wrapped around the axle or possibly a bent axle. Either something is causing an over-current situation (binding, poor wire connection, heavy load, extreme terrain...etc) or the over-current protection device (breaker) is failing.
Breakers can be replaced with fuses (30-40amp max).
By Tinkerbot
My neighbor has the jeep and I have the BCP truck (taxi/cop car looking thing which usually run $189-$199 or so). I love these things and the company is great about honoring the warranty, but otherwise you can find spare parts on amazon, ebay, and aliexpress. I upgraded mine from the instant start stop to the slow start stop option by buying the controller/wiring for the jeep ($20), it is much better now because it does not jerk my kid around.

To your question: I would check the motor by supplying 12VDC pwr directly to the motor from a battery or wall wart/transformer after disconnecting it from the jeeps wiring.

To what I think what was another persons problem: My neighbor had a bad charging port on his Jeep that not only caused it not to charge, but also not to run (due the mechanism in it going bad - It cuts off the voltage to the car when charging), which is easily replaced or bypassed if you are out of warranty. If that and the fuse mentioned in another post both check out, I would suggest replacing the controller with an exact replacement and you can get that for less than $20 online and includes a new/spare remote control. An easy way to make sure you get the right replacement controller is to make sure the remote control in the replacement set matches your existing one. If you end up with the wrong one, in my experience you can still make the two different PIN connectors work interchangeably.

You can always do a google "image" search if having trouble finding a part or place that sells it if you can at least find an image - this has been a great addition to my internet search options lately.

Hope some of that helps.
Last edited by Tinkerbot on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:47 am, edited 9 times in total.
By Harquin
That looks really nice! But my kid isn’t quite ready for 24v lol

I was having troubles with what I thought was a bad battery, got it all set up with a new battery and low and behold, bad motor, fan broke inside the motor and it overheated killing the brushes.

I need a close to stock replacement motor for this thing, maybe more torque. Not more speed!(Grassy hilly area)

Anyone got a good recomendation a good low end 550 motors? All I can find are higher rpm.
By leahcherie2003
Chasek99 wrote:Just tried that and it ran as long As I held the rear end up, usually with my daughter riding it, it will only run for 10 seconds. If it runs fine with no load what do I need to replace?

Any updates?

Just want to chime in on your understanding of &qu[…]

Did you ever figure this question out...I'm having[…]

Not a recall. Just a "product update".[…]

I've been trying to find a vehicle for our 3 year […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course