KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new batteries? Going from 12V to 18V or 6V to 12V? Wiring Questions?
i am curious, can’t seem to find this anywhere. but has anyone tried 24v on the 2017 smart drive ford? looking at the circuit board it has 2x12v relays. of course thts likely on the output to the motors. concerned with frying the board. some seem to think 24v is not possible on this model. thinking of ordering an upgraded control board and when that gets in test 24v and see how long before it fries.
Attachments
395240E2-B98E-4412-8FDF-BA23922C5E9D.jpeg
395240E2-B98E-4412-8FDF-BA23922C5E9D.jpeg (133.38 KiB) Viewed 527 times

I suspect more than just the relays will need to be switched, but would need higher-resolution pictures from more angles or a listing of the numbers on the chips. There are several larger surface-mount components which are likely MOSFETs, as well as a few ICs that may make up the PWM control function that gives you the variable speed.

What's unlikely is that there is any regulation for any of it (to drop the voltage down). So at the very least when you put 18 or 24V, you'll fry the relay coils in short order, let alone the semiconductor circuitry (if it's not rated for higher voltages). It may be possible to make edits to allow it to use two supplies -- one from a regulator set to 12V, and the other for the actual motor voltage. It almost certainly wouldn't be a trivial modification, and without better pictures it's impossible to say whether it's even feasible.

FWIW, the image is just good enough that I can make out the PWM controller, which appears to be a TI DRV8704, which is good up to 52V, so it won't be the limiter:
http://www.ti.com/product/DRV8704/support

I can't make out markings on any of the other chips.

Would also be interested in the same project. Livi[…]

I saw this video and wondering if is there anythin[…]

Just want to chime in on your understanding of &qu[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course