KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new batteries? Going from 12V to 18V or 6V to 12V? Wiring Questions?
By Mediocretes
So I have the pink PW Escalade for my daughter, everything ran great for a while but now it will run fine for the first 5 minutes or so then slow down drastically for about 30 seconds to a minute before it completely stops. After it stops after a short break it will reset this process and on and on.

Bought a brand new battery charged it 18 hours, same issue.

About a week before this problem started I got curious if I could ride on the hood while they drove down the road. Could hear it struggling to push all of us but it continued to operate normally during and after this for about a week and now its fried.

Any advice on where to start looking. The motors turn the tires and then just slow down drastically almost like you put it in low gear, except it just continues to get slower until it just stops. If you leave it alone after it stops like this and wait 10 minutes it will start out good again and repeat this process.

By M.L.Toys
Still sounds like a dead battery unless when the car stops you can hear the motors still spinning inside.

Batteries can have voltage but not deliver amperage. Usually it's cheap ones that physically break cells internally. We do have proper upgraded replacements on the MLToys website. Also make sure your charger is outputting the proper voltage. With the old boxy plug once as they get older their volt output decreases.
By Rob222
I think that you need to confirm that the batteries are getting and taking a full charge. A fully charged 12v battery, after sitting for a while, should read about 12.6 to 12.7 volts. Also if you have the stock PW charger it is not a smart charger. Even when the light goes from red to green the charger still keeps charging so it is easy to damage a battery with those. An aftermarket 1.5amp smart charger is a great investment (I like the Schumacher XM1-5 Maintainer, 1.5-Amp).

12v SLA battery resting voltages:
12.65 V = 100%
12.45 V = 75%
12.24 V = 50%
12.06 V = 25%
11.89 V or less = discharged

Resting voltage is taken at room temperature and a few hours after the completion of charging.
Holy Batmobile! Awesome score!

Really thick plastic and well made. older car

Batmobile rehab CB question

https://youtu.be/Dctl26hKu5E Video show issue

Bigfoot 4x4x4

Thanks, that did the trick!

Thanks for posting the info and pictures. Unfortun[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course