KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new batteries? Going from 12V to 18V or 6V to 12V? Wiring Questions?
By Ekex
Hey guys! I'm new here and was hoping I could get a bit of help from y'all. Last year I bought my daughter a ride on car, it's not a power wheel, it's a moderno kids Porche. It's normally a 12v (6v x2) setup but today I decided to make it a 24V setup with 2 12v batteries. I bought a bussmann 30A circuit breaker to replace the 7A stock one the car comes with and everything seems fine. The car runs amazingly fast and it seems to be good but I have one major concern. Whenever I complete the circuit on the batteries (+ to -) I get a minor spark. It's not major but it's a spark nonetheless. At first I thought maybe I left the car on but I verified it was off. My second thought was maybe all the LEDs and built in MP3 player were causing it but they have a separate switch that is also turned off. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing it? Here's a picture of the setup.

By M.L.Toys
1. That wiring doesn't look capable of handling the amp flow of 24v.
2. Those are definitely not 24v motors.
3. 24v normally uses 40a fuses.
There's a lot of things that can cause a spark. Even things that are turned off can still cause it depending on how they are switched.
By Ekex
The motors are definitely not 24V. I'm going to swap those out soon with some brushless. But most of the wiring you see is for the LEDs. This thing has LEDs on all 4 tires, headlights, brake lights and an underglow. The main wires are the black and red ones.
Software Testing

It's like this and like that and like this and tha[…]

New Here!

Thanks but I only have 1 battery

Peg Perego Magica parts

Bumper,both motors,gas pedal,rear shocks, I'm camp[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course