KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Need new batteries? Going from 12V to 18V or 6V to 12V? Wiring Questions?
They are a little different. An orange vehicle side plug will work on both type batteries but a vehicle made for the gray top will not plug into the orange top. It's to prevent using the 40amp rated battery with a 30amp rated vehicle.
You could replace your vehicle side plug to work with the orange top battery. I would strongly suggest not modifying the battery. They were not designed to be taken apart. I'm not saying it can't be done but every battery top I removed was not in good shape after I was done.
I will check some of my spare connectors tomorrow and see if there is an easy way to modify your existing plug or battery to bypass the safety feature. Maybe use an old charger plug. I'll do some digging and let you know if I find a fix. Shouldn't be a problem.
Sorry for the late reply. I found a quick and easy fix for your battery/plug issue. the fix literally took two minutes from start to finish. You will need to perform a slight modification of your black vehicle side plug to get it to work with both the gray and orange top battery. If you look at the bottom of your black vehicle side plug you will see twelve small ridges that run fore and aft. All you need to do is remove the outermost ridges (one on each side). I used a dremel tool and just ground off those ridges flush with the plug and it fit just fine into an orange top battery. You will not need to modify the battery. I did also grind a small amount off of the small center ridge/fin that is on the top of vehicle side plug to make the plug easier to remove from the battery. If you need pics just let me know.

I just bought a used power wheels dune buggy thing[…]

Looking through options for fixing up a Lil F150,[…]

3B Gearbox on 12v?

So guys what about a 12V to 6V step down converter[…]

Repair Question

You can connect a 12v battery straight to the tab[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course