KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Interesting in starting or joining a new group within modifiedpowerwheels? Post your interests here or search for one in your area.
By SAWBLADE
I'm in west central Minnasota. Sounds fun. Hope more respond. Maybe get a club thing going. Middle of summer would be better for me I farm and spring and fall are pretty busy times for me but maybe could get away.

Come on guys from Minnasota lets here from ya.
By Racer X
I am right on the Lake in Wisconsin (the big one), but if you hold it close to the border (or better yet within Wisconsin :D) I would consider making the drive. There are a couple of other Wisconsin people who might also join if the drive was not to bad. I have 4 grandson's and figured that maybe the oldest two would be up for the trip (3 and 4 now). Questions:

1. What are your thoughts for a day?
2. Are you thinking about doing races?
3. CJB are you going to run a work shop (would love to see you brake down the plow or something similar)?
4. I would like to see you develop some type of contest (Cleaniest ride, oddiest ride, most creative) so that everyone would have a project car to work on and then have a judging.

Laughs,.... I know, I know,... you do not want to get to complicated, you just want to get everyone out. And don't worry i don't want the contest part for me (I am not a strong enough builder yet to compete with you guys) I just want to make sure there is something different for the boys to see and do after they have made such a long trip.

Keep me in the loop. Not sure I will make it because of the distance, but I will certainly keep it on my radar screen.

Racer X
By CJB
I have no solid plans at this point. I was just fishing for interest.

I'd more than likely hold it at my house in the north metro. We have a 1 acre yard that would be perfect for a PW track. Lots of kids around here that would join in using my PWs as well.

I'm totally open for suggestions of all kinds on this. I've never been to an MPW meet before so I don't know protocall.
By Racer X
I have no idea what the "In Crowd" does at these things either, but it sounds like fun. If I come I will bring a ride for both of my boys. Do you have any dates in mind? Our calendar fills up quick sometimes in the summer.

Racer X
By CJB
Racer X wrote:I have no idea what the "In Crowd" does at these things either, but it sounds like fun. If I come I will bring a ride for both of my boys. Do you have any dates in mind? Our calendar fills up quick sometimes in the summer.

Racer X

My initial though would be June or August. July just sucks for everyone.
By CJB
So I was going to start some preliminary planning on this... until today. 4-8 inches of snow is bringing me down.

Who all is still interested anyway? Haven't seen sawblade on lately. I could try to contact Tin Man from the old forum. He's right by me. I also have some neighbor kids that would race too. Racer? Up for the drive?
Last edited by CJB on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
Racer X wrote:I have no idea what the "In Crowd" does at these things either, but it sounds like fun. Racer X

....make it up as you go....kids are involved....precise planning is USELESS!
By Legacy 6
I'm new. And I'm in central MN about 1-ish hours west of the Cities (still too close for me), and about 45 minutes from St. Cloud.

I literally found one Jeep (Barbie), bought one Jeep, and was given Lightening McQueen. Good start don't you think!?

BUT... I have 2 cars to do before Christmas (that's the goal) to repaint and make sure they work... I would love some help. Like we say in the military "Let's not re-invent the wheel."

Anyone around MN??

Richard
By VinDog
We're planning an event in Atlanta in May. I'd be happy to let you all know the pit falls we encounter.
Then, if you can set a firm date, perhaps we can drive up to see my parents in Lake Elmo and attend your event. Wish I still lived up there. Used to have 6 acres to play around on, just off 94 at the WI border, the perfect site to host...
(Of course, that was before we moved to Uptown Minneapolis and had to deal with all the panhandlers/crime/shootings, which drove us out of the state. Vikings stink! Go Bears!!!)
By doug d
Hi CJB, August would work better for me, because I will be up north fishing for 3 weeks in June. Still working on the load of PW I got from you in December. Hope to have them ready for the spring market. Good luck on this, Doug D.
By bruces_eviltwin
hey i just saw this thread, im in eastern north dakota but id be up for a little travel for an event
Last edited by bruces_eviltwin on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By rhoades7
Sorry to bump an old post, but...

Anyone in the East Metro/West WI area?

I'm a newly addicted PWer.
By rhoades7
Gotcha. I'm in hudson and hacking my way through a Francesco pair. Be warned, I ask a lot of questions! Ha
By ThunderODB
I live in north central Iowa but lease my truck to a comany based in Eagan. Driving up to MSP for a weekend would probably be easy to talk the wife into, she has a friend up there we could go visit.
Last edited by ThunderODB on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By turbo_tiff
I know it's an old thread but but I'm in in the twin cities area as well and will be starting a f150 build this summer for audio shows: )

8-)

Razor Crazy Cart 1000W

There's different versions of the Crazy Cart so ch[…]

modifing cheap kids trike?

I have learned to use the knowledge to spread it.

Corevette Motor

I like this issue a lot. It's really appropriate.

HobbyMasters Udemy Course