KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Interesting in starting or joining a new group within modifiedpowerwheels? Post your interests here or search for one in your area.
taz11 wrote:Mud...Heck, I had a mud bog one year!

When we first cleared the track from what it looked like in the earlier pic, we started with the plan of a giant go kart track, but getting it smooth enough for go karts was going to be way too much work. It just kind of became a 4-wheeler and dirt bike track. In the middle of the bottom section was a giant water hole. It's just the water table or a spring weeping to the surface, but since it just sat there, it was stagnant and smelled like sewage. No matter how nasty it was, whenever we plowed into it on a 4-wheeler, we couldn't help but smile and get a mouthful...
That bog is now gone. We dug a drainage ditch to the creek, which we will have to temporarily fill in for the event.
(Even though it's now a playground, we still call it "The Track")

One of these upcoming weekends, I'm going to try burning some more debris, then cart the rest of the wood out of the way of the course. Once I have a decent path to drag the fence around, I hope to get rid of some of the low spots that get all muddy. Too much mud and water, combined with too much speed, and we'll have to have all the kids in racing goggles...
What's wrong with goggles? :lol:
Last edited by taz11 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make sure you call the Georgia Forestry Commission and get a burn permit so you dont wind up with a handy dandy "press hard you are making 5 copies" safe burning award that requires your presence at an "award ceremony".
I imagined (when I was worried about the mud) my daughter being covered like an old dirt track driver, getting in her car seat with only the area around her eyes clean from wearing the goggles. lol.
ms1120 wrote:Make sure you call the Georgia Forestry Commission and get a burn permit so you dont wind up with a handy dandy "press hard you are making 5 copies" safe burning award that requires your presence at an "award ceremony".
I imagined (when I was worried about the mud) my daughter being covered like an old dirt track driver, getting in her car seat with only the area around her eyes clean from wearing the goggles. lol.

Cobb County takes care of my burning habits. Next fine is $250... :evil:
ms1120 wrote:LOL...So you have already met the man with the extra small metal clip board...Awesome.

They're familiar with my place. I'm the kind of guy who was suspicious this time last year that my chimney needed cleaning, had it cleaned, then had a chimney fire a week later.
Lost everything I owned to a fire in 2000.
Heck, I even set my house on fire when I was 11. Dad wanted me to add some coals to the Mr Meat Smoker he was smoking a turkey in. Since the coals were white, I figured they were out, so I added some gas and lit a match. We never did find the lid to the smoker...

Thus the propane.
ms1120 wrote:Wow....This is an outside event, right? lol. We may need an avenue of escape.

If your mods work right, the kids should have no issues escpaing my pyromaniacal debacles...
Weather's been really nice the past couple of days.
Been working on clean up on the "track." Got 10 yards of wood chips moved out of the way, the fire pit cleaned out and the stone ring removed, a bunch of logs from the 30 trees we had cut down moved and burned, and the new bridge is just about leveled. We even have a plan for where to move the swing set and jungle gym, after we level the new area.

There's a bunch of rain coming, but we hope to burn all day tomorrow, at my next door neighbor's place, so the fire department doesn't come down on me again. I also want to get the bridge fully in place tomorrow and run over it a few times with the car to set it before the rain comes.

I know there are still a few months to go, but the debris from thirty 100' pine trees is a huge mess and will take forever to clean up. There's no question we'll be good to go for a couple tracks when the rally comes aorund. We'd just like to have things super nice before that. I'll keep posting on our progress.

We sure could use a couple hundred yards of dirt and a bobcat to spread it. Anyone have any connections?
Or a stump grinder?
I have a chain saw. Does that count? Im also pretty sure that I have no idea how much dirt is in my yard but if you need the dirt from a couple hundred of peoples yards, we have WAY more work to do than I imagined. :lol:
taz11 wrote:Mud...Heck, I had a mud bog one year!

Rained yesterday, and alittl ebit this morning. Eliminator with 21Ts likes to throw a little mud.
Let's hope there's a few consecutive dry days before the rally...

Muddy Eliminator 1.jpg

Muddy Eliminator 2.jpg
LET'S DO THIS, GEORGIA, TENNESSEE, NORTH CAROLINA, SOUTH CAROLINA, ALABAMA, FLORIDA!!

WHEN?
WHERE?
WHAT TIME?

...let's go, Modifiers!! I'm ready to MPW mingle!! Show the Northern Modders how the Down South do it!!

...again,

WHEN?
WHERE?
WHAT TIME??

Me & my Mini ~ Me will be there.
Attachments
rsz_photo3.jpg
Currently planned for May 26th in Woodstock/Marietta. Use 30188 as zip code for general directions. More info to come when the date approaches.

Next Sunday is my son's third BDay. Going to have a mini rally with about 8 kids. I'm hoping to set up a small track for a test run and learning experience. I'll try to post pics/video after the party...
Well, after the rains the other night, there's still standing water on the track. It's amazing the mess 5" of rain can make...
Picking up a couple more yards of dirt tomorrow to fill in the wet spots, and where the dirt washed away from the bridge.
Moved the jungle gym dome and threw some grass seed down. I don't think it will germinate before the birthday party this weekend, but it won't be for lack of water.
The wood chip piles are gone, as well as the swing section of the swing set. Hope to move the tower in the next month to give us time to get some grass growing there, too.
Getting closer and closer every day...
ms1120 wrote:GUess I need to bring the 4wd bigfoot too huh?

Absolutely bring it. Get my neighbor on board with going 4x4 on his grave digger...
Dylan's birthday BPRO party was a blast! Great weather, and my wife did a great job on the food, decorations, etc. All I had to do was spend 3 1/2 years clearing a forest and building a track. :lol:

I'm not sure that two smaller tracks is necessarily the way to go. We had one decent sized track that crossed over the bridges. I had been worried that the bridges would be an unsafe bottleneck, especially with mods running faster, but the kids seemed to handle it just fine, even at 18v. I'm starting to think that one huge track is the way to go. Smaller tracks probably won't hold interest for the kids as long. :(

My worries about the rough areas were pretty well put to rest when we got a lightning mcqueen and dale jr running around the track just fine, as well as a harley that ran non-stop all afternoon. Of course, things were pretty dry at the time. It may be another story entirely if it has rained hard within a day or two of the rally.

DSCN3248.JPG
Not all the track, hope to have better pics posted soon

DSCN3260.JPG
Single file across the bridge, behind a slow driver

DSCN3257.JPG
Dylan's a hit with the older girls...

LOOKING FORWARD TO MAY!!!
Last edited by VinDog on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We hate you.........missed it!
photo8.JPG

photo9.JPG
MS1120 started a new thread for the May rally in Woodstock/Marietta. Please check it out and let us know if you can make it.
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=7013
Who's going to make it to the rally and swap meet May 26th?
Post on:
Just a couple weeks left until the event. Please let us know if you are coming by posting on the new thread.
We have some commitments, but would love to see a large gathering.
I know there will be new and used parts, as well as vehicles for sale/trade.
Post what you have available, or what you need, so we all know what to bring along.

Come on people! Let's get this thing going!
Just a couple weeks left until the event. Please let us know if you are coming by posting on the new thread.
We have some commitments, but would love to see a large gathering.
I know there will be new and used parts, as well as vehicles for sale/trade.
Post what you have available, or what you need, so we all know what to bring along.

Come on people! Let's get this thing going!
Hey guys, noob from Asheville NC here. I picked up a nearly free Arctic Cat for my 2 1/2 year old son a couple weeks ago and threw on some new tires, stickers and an 12v 18ah battery and I'm hooked! He's to young for power mods yet so, I'll be getting some headlights working soon and thinking up some creative traction mods for my hilly yard. I'm not all that far from Atlanta so, I'm down for the next meet!
Mama was NOT happy about the livingroom :D
Wait until Mama loses the garage, too...

When it's time for some speed upgrades, throw some Brute Force tires on that Arctic Cat and run it at 18 volts. My son loves his like that...
jboogie wrote:Brute force are better than monster traction? I'm thinking of trying to see how long some spray on bed liner will last next. Picking up a ninja 4 wheeler on wednsday!

Brute Force are monster traction, but they are taller so the Arctic Cat will look tougher and run faster...
VinDog wrote:Brute Force are monster traction, but they are taller so the Arctic Cat will look tougher and run faster...

Good info, thanks! I can't wait to pick up his new KXF so I can work on the sloppy steering in the Arctic Cat.
I doubt we can have another meet this year because of holidays and temperatures. I do hope to have one in April or May of 2012. Maybe this meet will bring alot more members in and we can have a sure enough swap meet.
Hey I'm in ga. Dallas/Rockmart/Marietta and very close to Alabama/Anniston/Gadsden area. I realize this thread is pretty old but I would LOVE to be apart of something like this. Is this still happening? Or is there one like it around? I have 2 boys and have been modding and customizing for a short time now but am having a blast doing it and love to learn more. Got a modified and custom painted Jeep and Caddillac escalade.

@toycrushers Is there a way to put a break reduc[…]

Why wont anyone help me??

I just need a pic of how Mcqueen 12 v is originall[…]

Where to find batteries

Wondering where you guys go to buy batteries? And[…]

Redcat Racing shook the scale crawling world with […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course