KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
This is where you introduce yourself! Share your insight, areas of expertise, or just interests.
... But not new to the world of custom automotive fabrication.
So here's the story ... The wife has been wanting to buy a gator from a lady round here that flips ride ons for a profit. So she gets on the lady's Facebook to see if she has it ready yet and bam a picture of six of these things with a free come get em tag. So we pack the boys in the trailblazer and head out 20 min later we are hauling a gaucho Grande and a powerwheels Silverado home strapped to the roof. (once I get my photos to upload I have a picture) don't know if the motors work yet but they need rewired (back job on the one missing conector on the other). As I'm scouring the net I stumble upon this site. I knew it was possible to modify these things but I had no idea. Couple years back I saw the video of the guy converting his McQueen into a pint size gokart .... You know the one.
So as I'm looking the wife is looking for parts she stumbles on tiger imports then that McQueen movie ... Now she wants me to fix these things up. So I was thinking get the Chevy running bone stock deck out the gaucho then monster truck the Chevy after.

I got a lot of work ahead of me .... From northern almost Ohio almost Michigan Indiana area ... Glad to be here expect me to be asking questions... TJ
Haha, and that's how it all starts!
Welcome, and ask away.... there's tons of great info and ideas between here and the old forum. It takes some getting used to, and the good guys aren't on as much now that their kids have grown so their lives are more hectic, but as for tiger, I had my concern because google shows it as a non verified site, but I've gotten confirmation from members here that tiger is legit! There's a few other providers, each has their own specialty. Welcome to the addiction, it gets worse before it gets better haha
Looking forward to those projects! I've bought a lot from tiger, I'm a fan. We're here to help just be patient ;)
By Roadmonkeytj
The trip home ... Got a lot of people pointing and laughing.
The power wheel
The gaucho
All in all they are a lil rough but intact ... Well mostly I'm thinking custom roll bars and bumpers since they are missing anyway. Oh and since yesterday we will be picking up a pw jeep like new for 30 as well tomorrow hahaha. What was that about an addiction... I Can stop any time I want.
Can anyone tell me which motors the gaucho has? Sorry the photos not the best I slipped the phone into the side of the tub to get it.
You'll see, after 3, you find it easier to just go grab another one for the parts that are missing from the first, then as long as that one has most of the parts, well may as well make use of it, then it becomes the guinea pig model. I see you too need a silverado hood!
Well the new plan is to run the jeep bone stock while working on the others.... And I do need a hood would you happen to have one? I didn't mention earlier that my second son is a year behind the oldest ... Good thing we will have three right? Well so far lol. I just hope I don't wind up on eBay over seas buying parts for these things ... I did after all have the pride of installing the second power rag top in the States in a festiva before lol
So we got the hotwheels jeep home and my not even two year old lugs it in the grass lol he is a hefty boy though lol so the wife all on her own asks what it takes to make it better .... Then finds a video of converting it from 6v to 12v lol meanwhile I've already scoped out the adding a second motor situation ... All the mounts are already there the wheel is allready splined and the only harness modification is the additional motor wires ... Makes me wonder why they even bothered with single wheel power in the first place. But the best part is even my son is ready to modify lol. I have the hood for this one lol he just didn't give me the chance to put it back on.
Congrats on your acquisition! I too am new to this forum and have taken a leap into modding. A month ago I had one PW. Now I have 8! In the words of The Frizzle( Magic School Bus) "Get messy, make mistakes!"

Can anyone help me locate a replacmemt gear box fo[…]

Trying to fix my grandson's Raptor 660. Yep, I kn[…]

Original reply deleted. See below. ***UPDATE**[…]

I was very lucky to find a Mario Kart on craigsli[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course