KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
This is where you introduce yourself! Share your insight, areas of expertise, or just interests.
By Moar Power
Hi from Dayton Ohio! My brother and I grew up with a need for speed. We toasted tires on our power wheels jeep and blew out tubes jumping our bicycles. The good news is that we're both still kids at heart 20 some years later. These days I work on anything with two wheels and/or an engine. My main hobbies revolve around working on mid to high powered electric bicycles and building vacuum tube amplifiers. My brother builds hot rods and has a drift car. I figure it's time to pass on the torch.

It all started with me teaching the then 2 year old how to ride a bicycle early this year. She wrecked on her first solo run and wasn't very into it for a month or two. She quickly changed her mind when I was pulling her bike by the handle bars in an all-out sprint down our driveway. I think she enjoyed that a lot more than I did!

To save my lungs and legs, I searched craigslist for a cheap power wheels for her third birthday present. I found a $25 beat-down Take Along Tunes Barbie Jeep that looked like it had lived under a tree for years. No charger, dead battery, and more leaf debris than you can imagine. I took the bait and brought it home.

After a serious clean up effort it and a 12V SLA from a battery jump starter pack it worked great. She didn't mind the looks. In fact, she loved it! I've never seen that kid so happy as when she first put it in high gear and took off.

I felt bad about the condition of the Jeep and the missing radio so I stuck a battery powered radio/tape deck from my childhood on the dash. Again, she loved it. Kids are easy to please every once in a while.

While I was researching a fix for the steering alignment I came across this site. I thought I was the only one dreaming of 4x4 full suspension rides complete with lights and signals for the kids. Turns out I'm not. Poor mommy is going to be scared to death by the time I'm done with this thing. She loses it every time I talk about dirt bikes for our two month old boy.

The 9 year old is another story. She's been begging me for an e-bike since I passed her and mom driving down the road at nearly 40 mph. That one's been known to run straight into trees on a regular bicycle so we'll probably have to go a different direction with her. Go kart anyone? :lol:

I've got the bug though. There's this craigslist ad for a Power Wheels 4wd F-150 XLT Custom about an hour from here. Can't find anything online about this particular one. Looks like a relatively old model, it's a square body truck with seat belts. If it's really a 4x4 I might make a move on it. Link: https://columbus.craigslist.org/bab/5967965416.htmla

Here's the Jeepie for now:

I was soo hoping you were gonna say get the Duc ;)[…]

Need for speed - Range Rover

Hi All, We purchased a range rover for my daughter[…]

Higher-tooth gearbox is going to lower the effecti[…]

Pines

$200 obo

HobbyMasters