KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
This is where you introduce yourself! Share your insight, areas of expertise, or just interests.
By kennywilliamson2000
Does anyone have a diagram on adding a 6 volt battery to a Dune Racer....i am not sure of where to slice in to the existing 12 volt wiring. .... (watched a video. ..it shows everything else clearly)other than when he taps in the the 12 volt wiring. ....6volt battery is in storage compartment up front.
By wired
You can either tap into the vehicle side wiring near the battery connector or make yourself a custom plug/connector to avoid altering the vehicle side wiring. All you need to do is make sure your added battery is placed in-line with the current battery. Anywhere in the circuit will work (preferably in the main power feed circuit somewhere near the existing battery). You will only need to cut one wire on your vehicle side harness. It's up to you whether you place the added battery on the positive or negative side. It does not matter as long as there is a fuse and/or breaker somewhere in the circuit. If you are using a stock battery you may start tripping the stock circuit breaker when running at 18v. This will depend on driver size, loaded weight and driving terrain.
By kennywilliamson2000
Thank you for the reply.......This is what i have done.......i ran a positive line to the front by tapping in to the white positive line that goes in the 12 volt battery in rear....with in-line fuse 30 amp ......did same thing on negative side ran line from to back (minus in-line fuse).using after market battery with m/f connectors 12 volt battery was plugged in i plugged the 6 volt battery in it arced and blew the fuse.......Help
By Bigmac41288b
Your first attempt that blew the fuse was wiring the batteries in parallel. Can't do that with two batteries of different voltages. What you need to do is wire them is series. Google "battery wiring in series" and it should give you some useful diagrams to see what you did wrong.
Largest safe fuse?

Thank you! Swapped to a 40amp and that seemed to […]

Thanks for the info. I am thinking of upgrading th[…]

Taz, I am looking for a full steering linkage for[…]

Hey all, I just need to clear up a couple things […]

HobbyMasters