KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
This is where you introduce yourself! Share your insight, areas of expertise, or just interests.
Hey everyone,

I have a 4 year old who loves cops and a little less Barbie. Ive taken the challenge to pimp his ride. So far I've taken apart the entire car and cleaned it. Also bought police lights, headlights and backlights as well. Bought a few decals with to.

My issues so far:
1) being in Canada : shipping cost and exchange rate is making this project more expensive then it should.
2) finding wheels at a resonable price is next to impossible: cheapest so far 180$ USD... wtf!???
3) painting: should I apply a white primer prior to painting it black? Read most of the posts, still not sure.
4) learning electronics: those lights need to be tied to the 12v battery or maybe I can attach a 6v and make the circuit separate... still not sure what I should do.

Stay tuned for pictures. Feel free to message me, I'm on this forum everyday.
I'm a newbie also. RE: #3.... My research on paint from this forum led me to this as one of many practices used by folks on forum: clean with degreaser, sand lightly with 400-600 grit, clean with windex, use "Krylon Fusion for plastic" spray paint with very light coats, 15 mins in between coats... after final paint coat wait 30 mins and add rustoleum clear coat spray until you get desired shine. I didn't do any primer and mine looked good at end... still putting it back together prior to posting pics...
Thx for the reply - I know where you got that info and Ill probably do the same things that you mentioned. What was the original color and what color did you apply over? Im going from pink to black and was going to apply a white primer but this could be a time saver for sure. Let me know when you have a chance.
A motor database sticky?

Great stuff there hammer! That's a tremendous savi[…]

Rocks in Wheels

as far as the minimal expanding foam what I have s[…]

New From ToysRus: Dune Racer.

Pretty much everything you would expect from a kid[…]

My son's Hurricane Extreme

That looks rad! :D

HobbyMasters