KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
This is where you introduce yourself! Share your insight, areas of expertise, or just interests.
By AF Izzy
Greetings all,
Looking forward to the help and assistance, currently working to restore Power Wheels F-150 Rapture (2015). Having some problems troubleshooting :-( with very sad son.
By AF Izzy
Basically, I have a 12v Power wheel, stock, F-150 Rapture that will not move with a load on it (ie sitting on the ground, or my 50 lb son in it). I currently have the truck up on bricks. When I apply power the wheels will spin, but very slowly. I can actually grab the gear that is spinning and everything stops. I cycle the stick shift and gears start to turn again. I have tested the back of the motors with a multi meter, ~4.2 volts on both sides. I've also multi metered the battery 10-11v (after testing awhile). I've also multimetered the stick shift wiring, same ~4.2v. Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
By Bigmac41288b
The battery is not charged.
Check to see if your charger is outputting over 13v. If it is then your battery needs replaced. 10-11v is essentially a dead battery and most likely has irreparable damage to the internals.
By AF Izzy
Bigmac et al.
Apologies for the delay, been away from the computer for a while and life has been busy. I have tested the stock charger output is 14.2v. Battery is currently reading at 12.7v. Do you know what the voltage should be at the motors? just tested again, ~3.2v in "high gear", ~2.2v in "low gear". This was measured equally on both motors. scratching my head on this one...I'm getting ~12v through the throttle pedal, to the gear shift, after the gear shift, the consistent drop to ~3.2v and 2.2v respectively. still no change and the gears move very, very slow. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!
By Bigmac41288b
If the problem seems to be the shifter you could start by cleaning the contacts inside the switches. There is a write up around here somewhere on how to do it. If I find it I'll post a link. The contacts inside the switches may be corroded and cause a loss of voltage. This is common in vehicles that get left outside, cleaning them may help.

Hi guys thanks again - batteries come this week so[…]

First gen Bigfoot project

Set screw collars from hardware store to hold whe[…]

AMAV Power Rider 9539 parts?

I picked up one of them off kijiji. It was a littl[…]

Power wheel moves on its own

Well I have a brake relay for the brake pedal ,is […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course