KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
This is where you introduce yourself! Share your insight, areas of expertise, or just interests.
By Bubs2015
Hello to everyone my name is Mark we are considering purchasing the RZR 900 camo for our grandson Bubba . He will turn two years old next month. He has been riding his safety one chopper so he isn't totally new to the electric toys , but it really needs to stay on hard surfaces for riding and we wanted him to have something he can ride in the back yard. We are choosing the RZR 900 camo 12 volt because it has adjustable seats to grow into, and a small bed in back to put things. My question to the group is in years to come can I convert it to 24 volts for speed? Will the 24 volt battery fit into a compartment in place of the 12 ? Will the 24 volt motors & gearboxes and control boards fit or compatible with it ? Can I add the radio and or MP3 ? Thought about purchasing the 24 volts but says nothing about adjustable seating . Any and all replays are more than welcomed , open to hear any input or ideas or concerns ... Thanks PaPa & Bubs
By Rob222
You may want to take your Grandson to the store and sit him in a RZR 900 first and make sure he can reach the pedals and steering wheel. The age range stated for the 12v RZR is 3yrs to 8 so unless he is really big for his age he may be frustrated. A steering wheel is kinda tough for little kids. Even if it has adjustable seats, the 24v version of anything is way to much for a child just turning 2.
By Nicholas
I haven't came across anyone who has had lasting success with 24v. The gear boxes will not fit. Mltoys sells performance motors that will handle 18v. Fan and/or heat sinks are recommended. I just put my children's rzr on 18v, and man it really moves. The gear boxes can't handle the added stress, had to order new gear box. Open the gears and make sure every Nik and cranny has plenty of grease, Especially the pin shaft that the gears slide on. Plastic will melt and gets worn away. I keep coming across people talking about racing grease. That's something to look into. The battery compartment has plenty of space for 2 12v batteries. The optional radio for it is just for fun, very wimpy, but cool. Wiring 2 12v in series will double the amp hours(I think its series), we are talking at least 45min run times in high gear. Well, my 2 kids ran that long and still going strong. Hope this helped.
By Rob222
Wiring 2 12v in parallel will double the amp hours. In series it doubles the voltage.
Unibody Jeep Front End Sag

I did this on my Hurricane. I used a fairly long M[…]

I will have to look at the shifter when I get off […]

Upgrade BMW i8 Concept

If the 6v bat is stock it may have a built in fuse[…]

Will do. You're next in line.

HobbyMasters Udemy Course