KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
This is where you introduce yourself! Share your insight, areas of expertise, or just interests.
By Trey
Hi All,

I just purchased a green dune racer for my son, Hudson. He has Cerebral Palsy. I am going to make it RC capable since Hudson can't steer and do the gas pedal. My first question is about the ESC. Is the mamba max necessary? It costs more than the dune racer. Is there another option for the ESC?

Also, right now I plan to get the firgelli feedback actuator. It is expensive too but from the reviews it seems worth it. Should I get the 2, 4 or 6 stroke? Also should I use an Arduino lhttps://www.firgelliauto.com/products/ ... controller to control it or the LAC Board https://www.actuonix.com/LAC-Board-p/lac.htm from Actuonix.

I am new to all of this so any help or suggestions would be great. I would especially love to see pics and instructions of a another dune racer that has been modified for RC, special needs, wheels and/or batteries too. Thanks!
By dlgg7
Great you have the determination to take this on. I went to the sites you pasted and read the specs for the components they sell. I don't have much knowledge on the newer cars that have RC control for this, but I'd read in the RC threads at this site and see what ideas these give you. I wrote a big paragraph earlier on this thread, and wouldn't you know it, power flashed off and my reply was wiped-out!
By Trey
Hi All,

I am new. I bought a dune racer to convert to RC for my son, Hudson. I am excited to start the build. I am
looking for more input about purchases for the actuator from figerelli. I plan to get the 2 stroke 35lb feedback actuator. Is there any reason to get the 150lb instead? I read that 35lbs is enough to turn the wheels for a moving power wheel but not standing still. From anybody's experience is the 35lb problematical? I also read the 150lb may be slow in response time.

Also has anyone attached an actuator to a dune racer? I would really appreciate any pictures of how to the attachment.

I am torn about the ESC. I can't see paying for a mamba max. It costs more than the power wheel. What other speed controls would work?

I also want my son to learn to hit the gas pedal himself. He won't be able to figure out reverse or how to keep the dune racer moving. Is there a way to keep the original forward and reverse controls and make them RC too?

Thanks for any help.

Will I The LAC board
By dlgg7
I would think to really be able to tell about the actuator needed you'll probably have to get word from someone who has experience already doing this??? I see mamba max on eflay from 80 to 300 for the pro version. I've read that the ride-on-cars w/RC flip a sw to toggle control of the car. I'd still say ck out the Rc section here in this forum, and ck-out the facts on those newer models that have RC. Good Luck!!
First gen Bigfoot project

It should work (they use this from the factory on […]

You should use a 6V 12AH battery (not 6ah). The c[…]

I need a hood. New tires if possible and I believe[…]

On first impressions you may be fine to use a Sabe[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course