KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
This is where you introduce yourself! Share your insight, areas of expertise, or just interests.
Hi,
I love the idea of putting together a 24v powerwheels for my kids so that they can get a bit more of the country thrill I had growing up in our suburban home.. Right now we just have a pink jeep that is on its last leg in terms of power and the kids are getting more and more tired of it, lately it just sits as the kids (ages 3 and 5) opt for bike riding instead. The jeep looks horrible and its also not powerwheels brand, it is something other brand I am just not sure what.
I am currently looking to get the vehicle that I will upgrade to 24 volts. I think I would like to get my hands on a dune racer or something similar, maybe a jeep hurricane.
I have two big questions right now: 1. With the plan of upgrading to 24v, is there any benefit to purchasing the vehicle new. There is currently a sale on a dune racer from Babiesrus for $229 and it seems like even broken vehicles around me are selling for >100 making me wonder if I should just get a new one.
2. While doing the upgrade, is it cost efficient or a rip off to just purchase one of the packages sold by ML toys? In other words, if I am replacing the motors, gears and buying a new battery ect.. will I save money buying these components individually or is it just the same as purchasing a ML toys package.

Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Joey

Got harbor freight 13x5 tires on rim, sawed off th[…]

New guy

Hello everyone! I found so much great info here I […]

Dune racer batman 24 volt help

Thanks Wesley -- good point that not everyone want[…]

Thanks

HobbyMasters Udemy Course