KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
This is where you introduce yourself! Share your insight, areas of expertise, or just interests.
By Terry208
Hey guys about to pick up a PW Kawasaki quad for $30 for my three year old. Was looking at ml toys and thinking about upgrading to a 775 motor and steel gears. Also converting to a 24 volt. Anything I need to know/do to make sure I get the most out of these motors and battery’s? Cheaper/better upgrade options. I, new to modding so simple would be a good start lol thanks guys
By 67camaro496
Just series a 6 volt battery with the 12 volt (assuming the kawa is a 12v.) which will make it a 18v. That should be enough for him to start with. going 24v with the stock wiring will fry it. A lot of useful information on this site including what to do and not to do
By wesleyb82
18v is generally considered a healthy boost that does not require a major change such as ESC. 24v without making any other changes in most cases can lead to motor overheating and gearbox strain but this will vary from case to case but it definitely can lead to a lot of wheel spin and lack of control. That is why most suggest an ESC with a 24v mod.

Regarding the motors, the advantage of using a 775 is that they normally run cooler and are more tolerant to higher voltage but whether you stick with 550 or change to 775 a straight 24v mod will be bad without an ESC in either case. Finally, in my experience the first gear is the least likely to fail. There was a plan a few years ago to make an entirely metal gearbox but that apparently was too expensive to make so only the first gear was produced... and then put up for sale. Newbies come along and think this is a must have and a fix to a common problem but in my personal experience that is absolutely not the case.
"Best" Choice JEEP

https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-BM3B-Automatic[…]

Opinion on situation

are they squealing or grinding? you may want to re[…]

Looks like fun! All you did was clean it and add a[…]

Hello new to modding PW :)

Hey Guys i'm new here to modding PW's just started[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course