KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
This is where you introduce yourself! Share your insight, areas of expertise, or just interests.
Hey guys, I'm Richard Halcomb, from Lafollette, TN . My daughter has a 12 volt Kidz motorz h2 Hummer. The left motor has stopped running. The motor is still good because if I jump it straight off the battery it runs. The right wheel turns but only in high speed. I joined the group because I am trying to find info on how I could wire the left motor up to the right. That way both wheels will be pulling instead of just spinning the right. Any and all help is apotas I have one very sad four year old. Thanks in advance for the help, Rick

Hello & welcome.
I have the little tikes h2 hummer that I'm fixing up for my granddaughter. It started as a repair & has turned into a 18v upgrade with 4 new batteries & 18v smart charger, CJB's 18v interface & turbo timer modules (these are stupid fast on 18v), bigger tires, custom fabbed 4" lift kit, custom made Nerf type step bars, led's everywhere including headlights, fog lights, parking lights- amber in front & red in rear, front & rear side marker lights, working back-up lights, pink underbody & interior led's, two-way volt meter (monitors both the 12v & the 6v cells), custom fabbed shifter, cooling fans & heat sinks on the motors, remote kill switch w/ aerial antenna (just like a real truck says my granddaughter) a real key switch, integrated charging port on the dash that she can plug in herself. I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple things. Working on low voltage warning system & stereo for it. This winter will probably be a full on custom paint job & interior.
Be careful, these are addictive. Especially if your from a background of custom paint & body & fabrication work like myself. Oh and retired so you have too much time on your hands with a shop full of tools & supplies & a little hummer to customize. Lol.

Enough about my project.

I don't think you just want to hook the left motor to the right one. Some of these operate low gear & reverse on 6v and wired in series & all kinds of other things that just hooking one up to the other could cause you some real headaches.
But don't fret. Look in the stickies & search the archives & I'm positive you'll find instructions on how to diagnose & fix your problem correctly & probably easier than you thought.
Good luck & most of all, have fun. I sure do. Watching my little Eden's eyes light up because she has the coolest ride-on in the whole neighborhood is absolutely priceless. And the pride that she oozes when she's showing it to someone & telling them how everything works is pretty cool too.
Good luck with yours.
Jim
newbie with wheels

pictures

Would it be possible to use this switch in the ste[…]

"Best Choice" Jeep?

Pedal switch stuck in closed position or shorted m[…]

Keep the supply voltage to the relays and accessor[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course