KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Post pictures and Vids of your modifications here.
just a quick follow up...these controllers are fully programmable if u have a programmer. Since there are no casters in the front, turning or independent forward and reverse of the motors has been disabled. The arming switch also functions as the program selector and allows me to toggle between 4 pre-programmed modes. This looks like it will go between 2 and 14 mph.
Looks like a good application, thanks for posting that! Is the joystick still variable or is it only "full forward, full reverse"? I understand the knob is effectively your maximum limit but would expect the joystick to also be analog as you'd need that control normally in a wheelchair. I wonder how the output capabilities of these compare to the various scooter controllers.

Are you still running stock motors and the factory pinion? I think 24V can't drive them faster than 9-11mph on most of the vehicles, and may be fairly short-lived.. (what I mean by that is that at 24V the stock motors would have a theoretical no-load of 31000 RPM, which will only drive the tires at 11mph on that style Jeep with a 19T pinion and 14" wheels; to get it faster you need different gearing or a higher-RPM motor).
yes the speed is variable from a crawl...just like a wheelchair. They are stock motors but because of torque curve I have programmed I do not expect to have any issues. These controllers are very forgiving. The programmers are extremely expensive but you can rent them instead of buying them. The joystick is not a pot box and uses pwm code to dual h bridges. You could probably use an Arduino with a small amount of code to drive the controller as well. There are four programs stored so you can start off pretty slow. I have the turning speed set to 0 so side to side movement of the stick is ineffective. Regen braking is standard as well. I may mount the 775's I have later but traction is already an issue. I will most likely slip on some bike tire tread and install a remote kill as well. The best thing is the build quality of the controller...very high quality components and extra thick finned case for heat dissipation.
Jeep Hurricane Radio

I looked in the battery compartment and didn't see[…]

This is my gooseneck trailer I made for my son. He[…]

Traction for Peg Perego RZR 900

I just got one for my kids and would like to add s[…]

Since the first four alpha numeric digits are the[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course