KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Post pictures and Vids of your modifications here.
By SigEp
I picked up this Gaucho A151 which had been sitting in some guy's yard for quite some time. I did a full restore on it and thought I'd share some pics. All 4 wheels were re-chromed using Gwinny's patented method. Luckily nothing else on the jeep needed painting. The plastic shined right up with some plastic polish.

Peg Perego sent me a brand new wiring harness and gas pedal/switch through the recall. Those were installed along with two new shifter switches. Headlights and taillights, and side mirrors were replaced thanks to NSA Woodworking. I also put in a new Gruber 12v12ah battery and a new/used Peg 12v charger. The decals were still in pretty good shape, just needed to be cleaned and glued down in a few areas. All told, cost ran about $50 for the project.

Here's the pics:
A151 1.JPG
A151 1.JPG (99.5 KiB) Viewed 3146 times
A151 2.JPG
A151 2.JPG (80.04 KiB) Viewed 3146 times
A151 3.JPG
A151 3.JPG (88.48 KiB) Viewed 3146 times
A151 4.JPG
A151 4.JPG (91.59 KiB) Viewed 3146 times
A151 5.JPG
A151 5.JPG (81.46 KiB) Viewed 3146 times
A151 6.JPG
A151 6.JPG (94.63 KiB) Viewed 3146 times
A151 7.JPG
A151 7.JPG (94.94 KiB) Viewed 3146 times
A151 8.JPG
A151 8.JPG (83.25 KiB) Viewed 3146 times
A151 9.JPG
A151 9.JPG (78.12 KiB) Viewed 3146 times

By bruces_eviltwin
super nice work :D
By SigEp
SAHDman wrote:That looks really good! What plastic polish did you use on the body?
Thanks guys. I used Mequiars PlastX on the body. The body was good, it just had some hazy sun fade and the plastic polish took that right out and shined it up.
By DennyUofT
Very clean - looks great.

I tried the PlastX, but didn't get great results - do you just run in and wipe w/ a clean cloth?
By SigEp
DennyUofT wrote:Very clean - looks great.

I tried the PlastX, but didn't get great results - do you just run in and wipe w/ a clean cloth?
I use a microfiber cloth and just rub it in a circular motion until it dries. As it dries it leaves a nice shiny surface. It doesn't work for all BPROs, some end up with a dull finish. So you need to do a test to see how it works. But it worked real good for this A151.
By SigEp
landon wrote:That totally looks factory fresh, Sig. Nice work! Got a 'before' pic?
Not a good one. There's a picture of it on the second page of this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=6613&start=50
By Rokmunky1974
That looks really good. My son's newest additional looks just as nice, but we're having some electrical issues. ugh.
By SigEp
Rokmunky1974 wrote:That looks really good. My son's newest additional looks just as nice, but we're having some electrical issues. ugh.
Google to see if it was recalled by Peg. If it was, they'll send you a new wiring harness and pedal/switch for free. That and a couple new switches (you'll have to buy those) and you'll basically have all brand new wiring.
By Rokmunky1974
SigEp wrote:
Rokmunky1974 wrote:That looks really good. My son's newest additional looks just as nice, but we're having some electrical issues. ugh.
Google to see if it was recalled by Peg. If it was, they'll send you a new wiring harness and pedal/switch for free. That and a couple new switches (you'll have to buy those) and you'll basically have all brand new wiring.
I'll check it out. Do you know if it based upon a serial number?
By SigEp
Rokmunky1974 wrote:
SigEp wrote:
I'll check it out. Do you know if it based upon a serial number?
Yep, you'll need that. They're nice though, you might be able to get around it.
introduction

Hello, I am new member in this forum.hope we have […]

My kids birthday is coming up and I want to get hi[…]

Dynacraft Princess Carraige 24v

This is by far the most helpful 24V install I've s[…]

I saw that they sell 24 volt motors on Amazon they[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course