KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Post pictures and Vids of your modifications here.
By Rob222
It was time for the spring garage cleanup so I took the opportunity to get a few pictures of the Gaucho fleet (not all of them are in this picture). All of them run and most of them have been re-wired because the stock Perego wiring sucks. The ones that don’t have 24v ESCs have been upgraded to 18v.
1 Gauchos.jpg
The fleet (almost all)

Gaucho Super Powers Gen 1 & Gen 2. The black Gen 2 has been upgraded to dual 24v 500w ESCs because the stock controller board on the Gen 2 is junk. The Gen 1 is completely stock and runs great. The foam tires on the Gen 1 may be the best stock tires on a Gaucho. They wear fast but the traction on grass is incredible, even when the tires are worn or wet.
2 Supers.JPG
Gaucho Super Powers Gen 1 & Gen 2

Gaucho Grandes. One has the toolkit on the back bumper.
3 Grandes.JPG
Gaucho Grandes

Gaucho Blue A151, and Gaucho Silver A151. The silver one is a survivor, complete with original battery. The silver one is the first version of Gaucho that Perego sold. The spindles for the steering are steel (all other Gaucho's, including my blue one, use a combination metal/plastic steering). The blue one is our only painted ride-on (bought it that way). The A151s come with really good stock motors.
4 A151s 1.JPG
Gaucho Blue A151, and Gaucho Silver A151

Silver A151 steel spindle vs Blue A151 steel/plastic steering :
4 A151s 2.jpg
A151 Steering

Gaucho 4.0 Yellow and Gaucho Adventura Jeep. The yellow 4.0 has been updated with a 24v 800w ESC. The black Adventura will get the same upgrade next. These Gaucho versions use smaller 550 series motors.
5 Four Ohs.JPG
Gaucho 4.0 Yellow and Gaucho Adventura Jeep

Gaucho Rockin’ and Perego Adventure. I have a new sticker set for the Rockin’ that I need to put on. The single seat Adventure is still a kid favorite on 18v.
6 Rockin.JPG
Gaucho Rockin’ and Adventure

Perego Challenger Motorcycle, and Ranger GT. The Ranger GT is upgraded with bigger wheels because I could not find the stock ones anymore. The Ranger (and the versions of it) is the only Gaucho with doors. I have the doors stored in a bin somewhere. The plastic bodies on these old Ranger GTs is crazy thick and actually has metal-flake in it. I bought the 12v Challenger Motorcycle on a whim. Never thought the thing would be ridable but my 5 year old started to ride it around the yard last week. It’s slow on 12v but 18v should wake it up.
7 Ranger GT.JPG
Perego Challenger Motorcycle, and Ranger GT

Gaucho Hi-Torques. These were our first two Gauchos and they have been converted back to 12v. They are geared for torque and are slow. They use 2-speed mechanical gearboxes that are cool but impossible to find anymore (and I only have one spare left).
8 Hi Torques.JPG
Gaucho Hi-Torques.
Last edited by Rob222 on Wed May 18, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 7 times in total.
By Rob222
Perego John Deere Tractor and PowerWheels Quad. The starter rides! The tractor is really overlooked as a great starter ride-on. It is nearly unbreakable and pretty fast. Great first ride to transition to a steering wheel.
9 Tractor.JPG
Perego John Deere Tractor and PW Quad

PowerWheels Ninja Quads and PowerWheels yellow Suzuki Quad. Our only PowerWheels. These are still around from my first kids (in college now). Old school cool but I’m a Perego guy.
10 Quads.JPG
PWs Ninja Quads and PWs Suzuki Quad

Razor MX350 and MX500 Dirt bikes. One for each family member. I grab any old MX350s with the suspensions/ESCs that I can find. The new MX350/400s don’t have suspensions or ESCs. The big drawback to any of the razors is that the batteries cannot be removed/replaced to extend ride times (must be charged each ride).
11 Razors.JPG
Razor MX350 and MX500 Dirt bikes

Batteries. I have over thirty 12v 12ah ride-on batteries and a dozen 6v batteries. I use foam to hold the batteries in the jeeps so that the batteries can be quickly replaced as they run low. Each battery has a piece of duct tape that indicates if it is full or needs to be charged. As soon as a battery goes in a ride-on, I move the tape to the side of the battery. Batteries get charged after EACH use and the tape gets moved to the top of battery to indicate full-charged. All batteries get moved indoors in the winter for storage and charged at least once a month.
12 Batteries.JPG
Batteries
By toycrusher
Green with Envy on those Gauchos! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cool battery setup, I'm not into the whole "organization" thing... I've got a dozen or more and just move them from a pile of "need to be charged" to "fully charged, I think... :? " :roll: :lol:
By Rob222
Edac,
Wow, I see you started looking for that windshield in Aug 2014 and seemed to have bailed on the project June 2015.
Wish I had a spare windshield for you but I have no Adventera/4.0 parts. These are great jeeps but parts are non-existent anymore. Too bad the Camaro-guy never bought that faded one for parts.
The windshield on my yellow 4.0 was cracked so I had to take it apart and add heavy plastic inside to reinforce it because these windshields do not have a strong metal bar in them like the Gaucho screens. Also, on my kid's 4.0 I have taken the side mirrors off. The kids grab the mirrors to get in but the design just cracks the screen when they do that.
Where to find batteries

I like to take computer UPS's and use the batterie[…]

I’m trying to find headlights for this Jeep. They[…]

Most of the ESCs should have current limiting buil[…]

Lightning McQueen wiring help

Collage_Fotor.jpg

HobbyMasters Udemy Course