KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Post pictures and Vids of your modifications here.
By Hammer-fm
The Princess Mustang got a quad-damage box a few months ago (16-tooth) and we did try driving it with the stock gas pedal at 36V, but found that without a variable speed controller it was absurdly useless since it's either 0 or ~17mph. I swapped down to 14-tooth pinions and ran it at 24V (~10mph) until I could get another PWM built.

I finally got the PWM assembled and we got to do some stress testing on it over the weekend. So far so good...
I was thinking of putting 16 or 17T pinions back in, but maybe I'll wait a few months. Interesting tidbit: It pulls more than 950W of battery power steady-state at max speed on the uphill route leading out of our cul-de-sac (25-35amps); during acceleration it's much more, of course. So far the motors never get more than 'fairly warm' to the touch (can easily hold your hand on the motor for any amount of time).

This car is a single-pedal design, where the controller senses the throttle and engages the motor relay (normally in the 'braking' position) once you push the pedal down far enough. It will de-energize the relay (switch back to brakes) about 300-500mS after the gas pedal is released. I'm using a step-down controller to get 14.5V for the FET driver and relays/lights.

hey guys. I'm not very mechanically inclined, but[…]

Little Tikes Tractor Troubles

Having problems with the Little Tikes Cozy Dirt Di[…]

Peg Perego Magica parts

Bunch of parts, both motors work.FAKE MOTOR SOLD

Rubber Tires on 24v Grave Digger

I've done a whole bunch of mod work to our 24vGD, […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course