KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Post pictures and Vids of your modifications here.
By SigEp
I wouldn't really call this a "Project" because I didn't do any modifications to it. I picked up a Gaucho Grande about 6 months ago. It was missing some parts, needed cleaning, etc. My plan was to do an OEM refresh. So I replaced all the missing parts and a few others that were faded. I then went to work on the stickers and replaced all of those. Here's the finished product (as close to OEM as I can get):
Grande1.JPG
Grande1.JPG (92.88 KiB) Viewed 4662 times
Grande2.JPG
Grande2.JPG (89 KiB) Viewed 4662 times
Grande3.JPG
Grande3.JPG (90.27 KiB) Viewed 4662 times
Grande4.JPG
Grande4.JPG (89.57 KiB) Viewed 4662 times
Grande5.JPG
Grande5.JPG (89.18 KiB) Viewed 4662 times
Grande6.JPG
Grande6.JPG (79.42 KiB) Viewed 4662 times
Here's our completed Grande and Rock'in together:
Grande7.JPG
Grande7.JPG (90.4 KiB) Viewed 4662 times
Last edited by SigEp on Sun May 08, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By SigEp
Thanks guys. I wonder how long it will take my son to completely destroy them... As long as he has a smile on his face when he's doing it, that will be ok with me. He won't be old enough to drive them for a few years anyway.
By sea_stork
WOW! That's awesome SigEp, they look like new. Maybe better. :shock:
By TerryInLeesburg
I didn't know the Goucho Grande came with upholstered seats - or was that an addition you made?

Looks great.

I am now officially motivated to haul mine.............er............ my sons Grande out and start to work on it.

Now all I need is SWIMBO's approval, and time.
By SigEp
TerryInLeesburg wrote:I didn't know the Goucho Grande came with upholstered seats - or was that an addition you made?
Yeah, those are not OEM to the Grande and were added by me. But they're OEM Gaucho and look great on a Grande.
By All4TheBoys
The trucks look great. Is there any chance I could acquire a set of those decals? I have a Grande I'm in the process of restoring but having a time locating a decal set!
By SigEp
All4TheBoys wrote:The trucks look great. Is there any chance I could acquire a set of those decals? I have a Grande I'm in the process of restoring but having a time locating a decal set!
The Grande decals I bought from Nsaellis (NSA Woodworking). I'm not sure if he still has any. They were reproduction ones that he was selling for $25/set I think. The Rockin decals I also bought from Nsaellis, but those were new and from Peg Perego.

Someone on the forum posted a set of scanned Grande decals about 6 months ago, but I can't find them now...
By SigEp
SigEp wrote:
All4TheBoys wrote:The trucks look great. Is there any chance I could acquire a set of those decals? I have a Grande I'm in the process of restoring but having a time locating a decal set!
The Grande decals I bought from Nsaellis (NSA Woodworking). I'm not sure if he still has any. They were reproduction ones that he was selling for $25/set I think. The Rockin decals I also bought from Nsaellis, but those were new and from Peg Perego.

Someone on the forum posted a set of scanned Grande decals about 6 months ago, but I can't find them now...
Found them, here you go:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1900
By 1jeepthing
I am going a different route on my sons Gaucho. I pick this one up for 25.00 and it is missing alot of parts. I ordered some parts from different web sites like MLTOYZ.com , Tigerimports.com and others. some things that are on it were broken and i could have fixed them but since everything is cheat on these sites i just went ahead and got the parts i needed. I am still looking for more parts i need but no worries. I have tore it down and started cleaning everything up and getting ready for paint. Im going for the dark evil look for this one and my son is loving how it is coming along. I jump around from thing to thing to break the routine. Here is what i have so far.
Attachments
024.JPG
This is what it started out like.
024.JPG (155.59 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
026.JPG
026.JPG (152.82 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
060.JPG
060.JPG (146.17 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
069.JPG
069.JPG (154.99 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
077.JPG
077.JPG (154.95 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
049.JPG
i looked at the dash and saw something that had to go. It was the heater vent that if i was a kid still would not even look at or play with. So with that in mind i found a spot for some speakers.
049.JPG (151.52 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
052.JPG
I got these out of an old ipod docking station.
052.JPG (151.58 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
055.JPG
055.JPG (153.85 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
078.JPG
078.JPG (135.92 KiB) Viewed 3866 times
By 1jeepthing
Here are a few more pics of the work.
Attachments
084.JPG
084.JPG (138.12 KiB) Viewed 3864 times
089.JPG
089.JPG (137.9 KiB) Viewed 3864 times
By SigEp
Adios to Mr. Grande. He was replaced last weekend by Mr. Superpower. I felt a little sad since it was such a nice one. But I feel better having newer models that are a little easier to get parts for.
By SigEp
I sold it without the toolbox for $320 (was asking $350). I was asking A LOT, but it's only the second Gaucho in our area for sale in 2012. The other was the Superpower I just bought.

I was going to throw in the toolbox, but those seem to be harder and harder to find and ours is brand spankin new with a full set of brand new tools. I figure I'll keep it just in case the kids really want a Grande in the future.

I have a Power Wheels Duner racer. I upgraded it t[…]

introduction

Hello everyone just getting into this new hobby an[…]

My kids birthday is coming up and I want to get hi[…]

Dynacraft Princess Carraige 24v

This is by far the most helpful 24V install I've s[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course