KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Post pictures and Vids of your modifications here.
By taz11
This a thread where you can post pics of all the fun stuff (and not so fun stuff) that comes along with free and roadside finds! ........:shock: :o :lol: :evil: :? :oops:

This was the inspiration for this thread............

HOLEY RODENT CONDO BATMAN! :shock:

stowaway 001.jpg

This was a trash find from last fall. You are looking at the tub of a peg quad under the seat....there is a gearbox in there somewhere! I have a buyer so I was tearing down for cleaning......good thing I did!

This one came in one of the Gauchos involved in the wrecker build. I Found this under a pile of leaves on the floor pan that came up past the dash.

stowaway 002.jpg

There are many more.....but no pics :cry:
By wired
Man, this is definitely a thread that I'll check into but hope to never have to post pics on. "Trash-n-treasure" thread. ;)
By taz11
You'll love this one.......

I'm stripping down the trash find Escalade from last week. I've removed the steering wheel and the dash. The front clip was only held on by 2 screws.......and when I removed it......

BONUS...brand new, protected from the elements, steering wheel! Right where the factory put it for shipping...complete with packing tape!

hauls stowaway 001.jpg

...so the same slub that put the stickers on the outside of the headlight lenses must have gotten a free warrenty steering wheel because they didn't get one in the box :P :P :P :P Not like those last two screw holes that would not line up where a big enough clue :roll: :roll: :roll:

...and.....um...boy, I hope that was dinner scraps.... :?

hauls stowaway 002.jpg
Last edited by taz11 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By ms1120
wired wrote:Chicken bones......bad juju man.....sell it..... Cheap. :lol:

Agreed! Looks like the works of a Root Worker. Run and Hide and cover the perimeter of your house with salt.
By AUSSIE DARREN
I guess I can put my little 8 leged buddy here
Attachments
P18-03-12_13.43.JPG
huntsman spider in side the lense I had to dismantle the tail light to get him out
P18-03-12_13.43.JPG (36.94 KiB) Viewed 7288 times
By Whitepup
darn, I was unaware of this thread. I have found several things in my ride ons upon pickup. My fav was the used baby bottle left in the car. Gross!!!
By ms1120
Whitepup wrote:darn, I was unaware of this thread. I have found several things in my ride ons upon pickup. My fav was the used baby bottle left in the car. Gross!!!

Ewww.
By wired
AUSSIE DARREN wrote:I guess I can put my little 8 leged buddy here

LED backlighting would look cool on that guy.
By schoeny
I just scored a Barbie Bean Patrol that I'm going to fix up for a friend's daughter.

In it was a doorknob and keys, another doorknob, two Nintendo DS games, and a TON of paperclips.
By Whitepup
Just picked up a Barbie jeep, and I found some money under the seat! I always check under the seat. You never know what you will find under there.

Woohoo! Already made 10 cents on this flip. :lol:

382A0081.jpg
By aVWguy
under leaves clear to the steering wheel .. the little truck gave me $3 in change
magica had an old luke skywalker figure in the rear tub
harley had a set of keys, a 10mm wrench, 2 screwdrivers and a half eaten cookie in the saddlebags
the vet had 3 mice in the dash
the eliminator had a 13mm socket and about 2 lbs of gravel and stones in what was left of the front left tire

the only NOT full of odd in some way bpro i've snagged so far was the mud warrior .. which is now sitting sad in the back of the garage full of spare parts awaiting funds to finish it
By ms1120
aVWguy wrote:under leaves clear to the steering wheel .. the little truck gave me $3 in change
harley had a set of keys, a 10mm wrench, 2 screwdrivers and a half eaten cookie in the saddlebags
the eliminator had a 13mm socket and about 2 lbs of gravel and stones in what was left of the front left tire

the only NOT full of odd in some way bpro i've snagged so far was the mud warrior .. which is now sitting sad in the back of the garage full of spare parts awaiting funds to finish it

TTIWWOP
Last edited by ms1120 on Sat May 12, 2012 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
By aVWguy
ms1120 wrote:
aVWguy wrote:under leaves clear to the steering wheel .. the little truck gave me $3 in change

TTIWWOP

didnt think i would need pictures of the mess before the build lol .. will start takeing them on the next few lol
By Whitepup
ms1120 wrote:I noticed wasps flying around my recent freebie. Not one but 2 nests in the jeep
barbiebugs.jpg

barbiebugs2.jpg

Oh and 26 cents under the seat

Lol, Sounds like you got a real "Stinger" :P
By taz11
My daughter (that collects spiders in her butterfly cage :roll: ) sees this one and ....."EEEEWWWWW"

parts 005.jpg
By cheapjeeps
didnt get a pic of the fire ants or the spiders, but i did get this pic from my $10 hurricane. it had a whole ecosystem. i feel like i committed genocide cleaning this one.
Attachments
hurricaneclean_001.jpg
By Jornum1
This is what I found inside my Super Power, yes I said super power. How do you just trash something you paid $700 for!

Spiderville, like a whole city of different spiders!

Under the passenger seat.

By Whitepup
Now that makes my stomach turn...
By Whitepup
taz11 wrote:OH LOOK! Breakfast! :P :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Whitepup
Hmmmm puzzle pieces and a silver barbie comb??? This was found in the water bottle of a Kidtrax firetruck. Now, how to get them out... :?

IMG_0593.JPG
By Never enough
wow I never check to see if anything is ever in the tank lol. I just check to see if the pump has pressure. I work remove the tank which is easy and see how much comes out when you turn it over. Hopefully its not crammed in the tank and they fall out for you.
By cheapjeeps
Admit you're listening to that CD right now aren't you! I had a good one today as well.Taking apart my parts 700. I was reaching all up under the body undoing the plastic clips. When i got the body all the way off SURPRISE!
redquadparts_002.jpg
redquadparts_003.jpg

huge black widow complete with huge egg sac. The second pic is in my burn pit because the internet has taught me to KILL IT WITH FIRE!
By Whitepup
Finally got the toys out of the firetruck:

IMG_0735.JPG

19 wooden magnets, A banana, pickles and a french fry, a lego skate and a play ammo clip for a gun, and an unknown blue thing. :lol:

IMG_0734.JPG
By Whitepup
Found a green watergun on the floorboard in a "Side of the road" find this week:

IMG_0752.JPG
By daveweber34

I have the exact wooden magnet alphabet book that uses those. Man, those things tend to fly all over the house. Just thought you should know. :)
By taz11
daveweber34 wrote:
I have the exact wooden magnet alphabet book that uses those.

Missing any? I know somebody that has extras :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Whitepup
taz11 wrote:
daveweber34 wrote:
I have the exact wooden magnet alphabet book that uses those.

Missing any? I know somebody that has extras :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Actually the Wifey tossed them, sorry...
By daveweber34
The last time the book was assembled (a few days ago), we did have all the pieces. It has made through child #1 and #2 intact. I'm going for the moon shot that all the pieces make it through #3. Although, at 10 months age and teething, I've caught him gnawing on a few pieces like a dog does rawhide. :)
By Whitepup
gwinnythepooh wrote:I got this Harley for $20 because "something was wrong with it"

OMG! That is Great!!!
By Whitepup
While testing a freebie Boy Quad I picked up last week, and my 7 year old says "It won't shift into rabbit..." I walk over to where he is at, and sure enoough, it won't go into high. The lockout screw is not in place, and my 5 year old was just riding it in high gear, so what the heck is stopping the shifter from going into high gear???

I tear into it, and this is what I found:

IMG_1033.JPG

The pennies got bounced in just the right position to stop the shifter from shifting. :lol: :lol: :lol: Someone was using this quad as a piggy bank! More change behind the shifter:

IMG_1032.JPG

I am guessing the PO kids were putting them in like this, and they put a few into the shifter slot:

IMG_1035.JPG

And here is the total take on the freebie quad. :D SCORE!!!

IMG_1036.JPG
By Whitepup
Lol, another "piggy bank" find. Some coinage under the McQueen battery hold-down bracket-thingy. KA-CHOW!!!

IMG_1079.JPG
By Whitepup
Got a stowaway hot wheel from another McQueen, looks to be in good condition, can I flip this one also? :lol:

IMG_1195.JPG

IMG_1196.JPG
By Whitepup
Found this on one of my 10 point inspections I do to get a gator ready for a flip. Did you know a trailor hitch pin will double as a gator bed dump pin? :lol: :lol: :lol:

IMG_1471.JPG
By SigEp
Whitepup wrote:Found this on one of my 10 point inspections I do to get a gator ready for a flip. Did you know a trailor hitch pin will double as a gator bed dump pin? :lol: :lol: :lol:

IMG_1471.JPG

That's actually a great idea. Looks like an HPX Gator, nice score!!
By Whitepup
SigEp wrote:
Whitepup wrote:Found this on one of my 10 point inspections I do to get a gator ready for a flip. Did you know a trailor hitch pin will double as a gator bed dump pin? :lol: :lol: :lol:

IMG_1471.JPG

That's actually a great idea. Looks like an HPX Gator, nice score!!

Thanks! Yep, its an HPX. Good eyes. ;)
By aVWguy
not lookiing forward to the mess i am bound to find when i bring the little cars out of winter storage
the magica, dunebuggy, and scooter are stored in a barn and the vette, gator, and harley are on a wooden rack i built outside the garage here at home with a tarp bungied over it .. mouse house indeed

Full Wire Harness ($150) I have an unfinished proj[…]

I know this thread is getting kind of old by now b[…]

Quad Damage (1st gear delete mod)

Chart, that rubber grip looks like it would eat th[…]

If you're using stock motors and gearbox be carefu[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course