KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Post pictures and Vids of your modifications here.
By taz11
Upon request, its time to start the official "Daddy's Ride" thread for the new site.

We spend all day reading about the kid's cars....

Here is a thread where you can post pics of Mommy and Daddy's rides! Have at it! ;)

Here is a link to the old thread.......http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2775
Last edited by taz11 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By drew510
Huh, I swear I posted in that thread but I guess I missed it.

Here is my weekend warrior that has been sitting in the garage since 2006 (hmm, same year my first child was born. Go figure :lol: )
IMG_2227 medium.JPG
1971 Datsun 510

And my daily driver:
113-1318_IMG.JPG
2004 Chevy Colorado
Here is my (husband DD)
2003 Chevrolet Silverado SS Truck-- LQ9 Engine, 345 horses and 380 pound-feet
Still looks Show Room new

1969 Hardtop Pontiac Firebird 400. (restore as original as possible) We put about 200 miles on this a year. :?

This is what I just got rid of, Thank the Lord, couldn't afford the gas anymore considering kids are older and we're not needing to haul all that baby gear.... but loved the car.

This is my new ride this week.
2008 Pontiac G8 GT- 361-hp, 6.0-liter V-8 and six-speed 6L80 Hydra-Matic Transmission

You could say that I really like a nice muscular car. I am a bit of a "brat" I wish I wasn't as it costs me alot of money. But you only live once right?
By aVWguy
1973 VW T2b
hand made camper interior
2.0 litre porsche boxer
auto trans
:D i call it the "smurffin wagen"
Attachments
IMG_0564.JPG
Here's mine I bought a few months back it is a 2012 Hyundai Sonata Turbo. 274 HP and great gas mileage. Going to wait until after winter to get some new rims, though the stock 18" are not too bad.

It is a lot of fun, but I know I am going to get a ticket, the other day I decided to get around a group of slow cars on the freeway and when I looked down I was going 110 MPH and it was still pulling. I understand they are limited at 155 mph, but not sure I have the huevos to test that.

IMAG0064.jpg
IMAG0066.jpg
IMAG0065.jpg
By drew510
Tainted Memory wrote:Here's mine I bought a few months back it is a 2012 Hyundai Sonata Turbo. 274 HP and great gas mileage.

What kind of mileage are you getting? My folks bought a Kia Optima (close cousin to your Sonata) hybrid and they are only averaging about 25mpgs :? Heck, my wife got that in her 4cyl Altima in every day bumper to bumper traffic. Needless to say, they are NOT happy campers.
drew510 wrote:
Tainted Memory wrote:Here's mine I bought a few months back it is a 2012 Hyundai Sonata Turbo. 274 HP and great gas mileage.

What kind of mileage are you getting? My folks bought a Kia Optima (close cousin to your Sonata) hybrid and they are only averaging about 25mpgs :? Heck, my wife got that in her 4cyl Altima in every day bumper to bumper traffic. Needless to say, they are NOT happy campers.

I have never got less than 27mpg. If I drive normally (little use of the turbo) I have got 35 mpg (hand calculated) over a tank of gas.

Seems to have settled at about 29.5 mpg average over the last few tanks in mixed city driving, that includes some racing and tire spinning launches :twisted: . I haven't looked at the Hybrid forums, but 25 MPG seems really low.
Last edited by Tainted Memory on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Divinar
My wife's 2006 Volvo XV70 AWD gets 22-25 MPG - mix of highway and city driving. It has a turbo V6 in it.

My Toyota Sienna also has AWD and a V6 - but I rarely break 17 MPG.
By aVWguy
ok gotta admit it .. this is my fav. ride LOL
1976 puch "midnight" moped done up in ghostrider :twisted:

goes a whooole 20mph on a good day but gets 150mpg and haveing to pedal it for startup gives alittle exorcise :lol:

............ and i have a feeling i am about to be laughed at but of well LOL i love my clunky old bike
owned it for just over 10 years now and in that time the only repairs its needed have been the usual tire patches and one sparkplug
Attachments
0629081212.jpg
This is my 2012 journey on the way it should always be.... loaded with PW's!... I always have a set of straps/bonggie cords in it, just in case... still have room for a couple more :D . The wife drives a 2008 sienna where I can put 3 PW's inside with the rear and middle seats down and tie two more on the roof... she would kill me though....

BTW, I got the gaucho on the pic in great shape but no wheels for 30... the seller wanted to keep the wheels as spare for a gaucho rockin he bought for his son for christmas because the reverse on this one didn't work :o The hummer was 30 with good batt :D
Attachments
j1.jpg
j2.jpg
siena.JPG
By SigEp
Ok, here's my ride (dd). 2008 BMW 535i twin turbo. I absolutely love the car, but BPROs dont fit. Makes it hard to negotiate when I drive up in it too... :?

my_ride_1.JPG

my_ride-2.JPG

I took the second picture this afternoon. 2 points if you can guess where...
By SigEp
ms1120 wrote:I took the second picture this afternoon. 2 points if you can guess where...

Ummm Duh! On the side of the road....

Actually, that would be the "wrong" side of the road. :o But made for a better pic...
By taz11
ms1120 wrote:I took the second picture this afternoon. 2 points if you can guess where...

Ummm Duh! On the side of the road....

Isn't that where you would normally find a beamer? :P....

Bring
More
Wrenches

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by taz11 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some real nice rides in here !

Most of you are running 4x4's so im about to address the balance lol

Here is my toy and you will probably now realise why my son wanted his car to go faster and where he gets it from!!

UKDM Nissan s14 facelift 240 (or S14-A 200sx as they are badged here) With extensive mods.
[/quote]
Beautiful ride Gwinny. I've always been a sucker for a Firebird.[/quote]

Thanks, I would like it alot better if it ever left the garage. LOL- Apparently it cant go out if theres a cloud in the sky. I guess it will melt if water touches it. So I've been told.
I even bought a Simpson Car seat from SImpson racing to match the seat belts.
hey guys...I'm new to the forum...just thought i'd post a pic or 2 of my toy/dd...
Attachments
small dad1.jpg
a '98 cherokee...5" lift...33" mickey thompson baja claws...
small dad2.jpg
small dad3.jpg
here she is doin' what she does best....:-D
By aVWguy
alot of nice shiney toys ... waiting for a race to break out lol
about the only chance i would have is in a distence race .. with one gallon of gas max
the moped would win that ^_^
By aVWguy
i cant post pics because boxes arent all that interesting ...
but in the near future i'll be restoreing a new toy
a datsun 270z, plans are turbo (gotta have that), gun metal grey paint, dark windows, and smoked light lenses
^_^ stealthy machine

basicly that but a better color
building mine has to wait till i finish another just like it .. a friend bought a matching set that both need repair and mine will be payment for the work on his
Last edited by aVWguy on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By SigEp
Biehldm wrote:B big
M money
W waster

Yeah yeah yeah, you get what you pay for. You can buy a Gaucho or save a few bucks and get a Mud Warrier.

Less haters and more pictures of Daddy's Rides. ;)
By taz11
....and you PAY for what you get. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it me?...or does Sigs avatar look like its about to kick my.....um...arse :? :P :D ;)

Yeah, yeah...I know. I've been trying to take some updated pics of my gas hogging redneck station wagon for weeks :roll:
Last edited by taz11 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
By SigEp
taz11 wrote:....and you PAY for what you get. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it me?...or does Sigs avatar look like its about to kick my.....um...arse :? :P :D ;)

Yeah, yeah...I know. I've been trying to take some updated pics of my gas hogging redneck station wagon for weeks :roll:

I think my avatar is thinking, "why is this bottle of Jack empty...?" :lol: Careful or the Deathmobile will come for you...
aVWguy wrote:i cant post pics because boxes arent all that interesting ...
but in the near future i'll be restoreing a new toy
a datsun 270z, plans are turbo (gotta have that), gun metal grey paint, dark windows, and smoked light lenses
^_^ stealthy machine

basicly that but a better color
building mine has to wait till i finish another just like it .. a friend bought a matching set that both need repair and mine will be payment for the work on his

Love the Old Z's

One of my favourite cars, Its a real shame that there are not many good ones here in the UK and the ones that are worth saving are silly money.

Would love to have one with an RB26TT conversion or even a LS1 conversion.
By taz11
Here's my "other woman"

Don't be to harsh..I've had her since 2000 and she doesn't owe me a thing. She hauled a large trailer every weekend for years, hauled 90% of the construction materials for my addition, and hauled enough wood to heat my house for the last 6 years. Of course.....hauled lots of Power Wheels :D

She's 1993 with a 7.5L gas motor (460ci). (will pull over a barn....will also pull over AT most gas stations :? )

She needs some TLC now and then....but that's ok.

qm 025.jpg
qm 019.jpg
qm 020.jpg

And YES......they are real..... :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

qm 021.jpg
By aVWguy
ok taz .. i like that one lol
but please get some paint on that frame

makes me miss my old truck :/
i had the same exhaust on a baby blue 1960 F250 with 292 Yblock V8 , 3 on the tree and 4x4
gas mileage SUCKED but it did every job i asked with no complaint
hauled ALOT of firewood with that thing
thought i'd ask and get opinions ...
what is the general approval rateing here for a 1968 international scout 800??
i may be buying one in my near future
Last edited by aVWguy on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SigEp wrote:Ok, here's my ride (dd). 2008 BMW 535i twin turbo. I absolutely love the car, but BPROs dont fit. Makes it hard to negotiate when I drive up in it too... :?

my_ride_1.JPG

my_ride-2.JPG

I took the second picture this afternoon. 2 points if you can guess where...

Nice, I wish mine was a turbo.
By aVWguy
no pics yet but i will soon be the proud owner of a blacked out 2001 mitsu eclipse GT
comes with a new uninstalled body kit and all records
needs a vaulvecover gasket and an exhaust leak fixed under the hood then the fiberglass wrapped on and paint
$2400

plans will be the spyder turbo, better guages and custom interior .. mabey a borla exhaust

allready has a cold air intake, race clutch and more tinkering then i feel like typeing out .. THIS THING FLYS!!!
By iflytii
I've been lurking for a while, finally made a post yesterday. Working on getting all the info on our project sorted for a project build here but in the meantime here is one of the daddy rides - a 1987 BMW e30 racecar with an LS1 under the hood.

It's been a long time project that's still not finished . It's under the knife again with some front aero mods and a few other tweaks.

The rest of my stable isn't really that interesting but includes a 1974 BMW 2002 (very, very long term project), Chevy 2500HD (have to have something to tow all this crap around with), and my wife's BMW e39 touring.

HI there Coopz. I'm from Italy so..forgive my engl[…]

Ford F150 Raptor tire upgrade

Sorry for the late response and confusion. So aft[…]

Sounds like the switch. Pop it out and test with a[…]

The project is picking up pace. The 1" tubes […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course