KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Post pictures and Vids of your modifications here.
By aVWguy
hootienchyna wrote:
SigEp wrote:
aVWguy wrote:sofar this car has been a blast with occational setbacks ...
i found myself changeing a CV axle in the advance auto parkinglot in clarksville TN
then replaceing a caliper bolt that fell out in the advance auto parkinglot near syracuse NY ... i think layla likes that store :shock:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: anywho i now know that a 3G eclipse GT WILL bury the speedometer (top reading is 150mph)

Maybe it's just me, but when pieces of the suspension and brakes are falling off in parking lots, going 150mph might not be the best idea? :shock: :lol:

I must agree

its only dropping parts in parkinglots ... i avoid those i should be ok lmao
had it up on jackstands and inspected everything and no further issues
not a single loose bolt ... perhaps i should have done that sooner lol i doubt the previous owner had the knowlage to do so
.............. bought it off a drama fueled teenage girl ...
By aVWguy
this post is way late lmao .. but ive been busy ... the eclipse has had an upgrade (kind of)
it now has 2 car seats in the back for two adoreable little princesses
and the impossible has happened .. the crazy redheaded guy is getting married this summer
Here is my toy.

1987 Suburban. Not much is stock on it.

This is what it looked like after rolling it down a mountain.

The door flew open as we were rolling.

Had to replace two doors, windshield and a couple windows.

Just made the cover of a magazine.

munepit wrote:Here is my toy.

Why in the world would someone do that to their truck???

Oh wait I do the same thing :lol: Nice truck truck. BUT I really do hate that I can't see a bit of rust anywhere on that truck. Up here in Pa, a 87 GMC is usually rusted out. Totally jealous of that but I rather rebuild my rotted out rides than move to Cali.

Are those dyna track axles under there?
By munepit
Never enough wrote:
munepit wrote:Here is my toy.

Why in the world would someone do that to their truck???

Oh wait I do the same thing :lol: Nice truck truck. BUT I really do hate that I can't see a bit of rust anywhere on that truck. Up here in Pa, a 87 GMC is usually rusted out. Totally jealous of that but I rather rebuild my rotted out rides than move to Cali.

Are those dyna track axles under there?

I wish I didn't live in Ca.

There are not Dayn Tracks. Got them off a military truck. Corp. 14 bolt with disc brakes Detroit locker and 5.13 gears and shaved the bottom. The front is a Dana 60 with a bunch of parts added. PSC hydro assist, Crossover steering, 35 spline shafts, locker Diy4x diff cover, ORD heavy duty tie rod. I'm sure there is more stuff.

I bought the Suburban brand new when I was 16. Took my drivers test in it. I've owned over 30 cars and trucks. I will never sell this one. It's my coffin!
Cool video. That must have been a fun ride as a 16 yr old. The front cover just looked like a dynatrack thats why I asked.

I have a 83 bronco as my first truck and still have it. Its now rusted and sits on the side of my house but I am the last owner of that truck since I will never sell it. So I totally understand the coffin part. I have people tell me all the time to junk it and just by another one, it would be cheaper. They just don't understand.
I've never been accused of being normal...

20130828_063951.jpg

20130828_063947.jpg

20130828_063936.jpg

I don't know how to leave things alone. The above pictures started life as a 4x4 Ranger. By the time I turned 16 I had blown the motor. This is basically how my logic went... Why "waste" money on another v6 when I could swap to a v8 for "not much" more money... Why buy an engine when you can build one yourself... Oh darn, my motor doesn't fit with a high-rise intake and long tube headers, better put a body and suspension lift on it... Wait, I "can't" leave my transmission alone, it needs a full race kit to match my fire-breathing v8... Oh, nobody makes a race kit for this transmission, no problem, I have a buddy at a machine shop that can make the necessary pressure plates for me...

I had about 20,000 photos detailing the three year buildup but a hard drive crash put an end to them. :-( Needless to say, it didn't take long for me to roll it over doing stupid stuff in front of friends. I had built my own roll cage so I survived but the body was toast. In comes the '87 Mustang coupe body you see here. These photos were as I was still fitting it to the frame. I named it the "Mudstang". Unfortunately I never got around to making it street legal. It ended up being parted out later :-(

I never got as ambitious again but here are some of my other rides.

20130828_063855m.jpg
I was bored and decided the Festiva didn't need it's back half
Attachments
20130828_063905.jpg
Sep12_0004m.jpg
Numerous mods, can climb anything but can't quite reach 45mph on the highway
IMAG1196m.jpg
My daily driver
IMAG2147m.jpg
Wife's daily driver. I'm the only person I think to ever mod an SUV with SMALLER wheels so I could fit decent off road cleats making the AWD feature actually useful in mud... It also doubles as logging equipment when trees fall and block the road :-D
Finally found a pic of my Mudstang in it's first life (Technically already had it's "heart transplant" 5.0 V8)...
20130831_070642m.jpg

There is actually a tire inside that ball of mud. The mud unlocked my wheel hub which got me stuck. After digging through the mud I found the problem, re-locked it, and drove home.
Found a good pic of my trucks from last winter. The 'Yota is the main electric car getter. 25MPG for a 20 year old truck. :D GMC seats all of my kids, and the wife and me. :D

IMG_1494.JPG
By aVWguy
no pics taken yet but modding is happening in the eclipse .. new faces are being made for the clock and gauges so all of the pcbs are visible and lit with blue LEDs also ditching the dim orangey colored incandescent bulbs throughout and replacing with LEDs then throwing blue electroluminescent wire wildly about the cabin that can be run solid on or flickering to give the effect of electrical arc flash (nikola tesla fan)
thats a beautiful jeep!
So are you going to build him a matching pw jeep or what?! :twisted:
By aVWguy
what make hub motor ya got on the bike? ... considering something like that for a 3 wheeled toy lol
aVWguy wrote:what make hub motor ya got on the bike? ... considering something like that for a 3 wheeled toy lol

It's an inexpensive eBay Chinese hub motor. I have also have another two trikes built similarly. The rear rack battery mount on my mountain bike has broken off recently from my light jumping. I am nearly finished a better frame integrated front battery tray for it, and it has significantly better center of gravity and balance from my test rides.

IMG_0073.JPG
By aVWguy
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151734841699219&l=6247031809334399106

the ol' sears and the link is a very poor video made by holding the phone in my hand while driving up on the hill (quite steep) over limbs and logs and bumps and occationaly having to raise the front blade so it didnt hit the ground and stop me ... .. cut the video short because i was headed to the steepest part of the hill with a MEGA corner .. and dont want to die playing with a cellphone and driving ... a tractor

1967 sears suburban 10 with a regeared transaxle (MUCH lower), homebuilt dozer/snow blade, homebuilt 3pt hitch and i have a brush hog mower, field discs, 2 bottom plow, seeder, several spreaders and i am working on hydraulics ^_^
Last edited by aVWguy on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aVWguy somehow I think you and my brother would get along, he is into tractors like yours and could talk that stuff all day
By aVWguy
thats one of my 3 and the one i work the hardest ... most of its use is going up the hill and dragging down logs to be cut and split for firewood
it will pull up to 3 logs with 12-18 inch diameter stump end and as much as 20 ft long (down hill)

only 10 horse power but makes the new MTD built 17 horse tractor seem like a total wimp -.-" .. light cheap stamped tin with no torque ... even outpulls my neighbors deere 16 horse 314 hydrostatic
By aVWguy
loving the electric trikes btw^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ..
considering a couple builds in the future but not sure what i want to go with ..
hub motors seem more efficiant .. but the age and style frames i'm useing a mid frame mounted motor would look cool with batteries contained in false gas tanks (40's-50's era bicycles)
plan is to end up with electric bikes that resemble the old indian board track racers
By aVWguy
HEY RAY
would those hub motors push a full electric trike?
i have been considering resurecting my frien'ds first bicycle (1940 elgin 24" cruiser) he got it new ... and these days hasnt got the balance to keep it upright or the strength to pedal it ... so what i want to do is restore every original part and attach a trike frame kit with two hub motors in the rear (one connected to the chain/pedal drive)
the trike kit i found has a coaster break built into it and is ment to use freewheeling bmx style rear hubs .. or something similar
it would be used for the 3 mile round trip from his house to the cabins he owns at the other end of the lake
Here's my 70 Charger that a few buddies helped me restore. I drive it, race it, and show it on occasion.
The engine bay as of a month ago..
I couldn't leave well enough alone and decided I need more HP so here's a pic of the engine as of now...
It looks sweet but I would recommend re-installing the valve covers before taking it for a spin :lol:
I can't quite tell, are you going back with a new blower carb or is that a TBI setup?
LOL
I need to install quite a few little things before she's ready for the road!!
I got a "blow-thru" carburetor setup by a company called CSU. I'll be running E85 thru this thing, as I have been since I got it together a couple years ago.
By aVWguy
how expencive is e85?
... the 73 VW 1303 superbug i built ran 107 octane (lead substitute) sunoco gas i had to pay too much for X_x .. but the wheelstands where fun and the lightshow (flames) from the zoomtube got alot of attention lmao
By aVWguy
does it come with the headaches of the 15% ethanol blend? having to spend extra on non ethanol gas or stabilizers to add to the stuff to keep the older engines happy here .... boats and small engines seem to hate it
By rich_p
A sampling of my rides:
Some work:
The pick-up is my everyday ride.

Some, but not all of the toys:

My first car and I still have it on the road.
By aVWguy
rich_p wrote:A sampling of my rides:
Some work:
The pick-up is my everyday ride.

Some, but not all of the toys:

My first car and I still have it on the road.

do i see a PROPER sports car in there??? :shock:
By rich_p
That PROPER sports car ('72 Triumph Spitfire) from across the pond was a basket case when I got it. Floors were rusted through and the engine threw a connecting rod through the side of the block. I found a used engine and rebuilt it (street cam, weber down draft carb, headers and exhaust, 9:1 pistons, ect.), welded in new floor pans and rockers, House of Kolor kameleon paint, Compomotive wheels, and cleaned up the chrome (picture above did not have the front bumper on yet). It is a rolling restoration that I have not done much with lately, but it is still fun to drive (it's like a street legal go-kart).
By aVWguy
i have always wanted a '74 spitfire (post swing axle) i love those cars .... if i ever do get one it will have to be in BRG with wire spoke wheels and a roll bar though

the swing axle they put in the rear end of the early ones made them a bit interesting to drive in sharp maneuvers often causing the wheel on the inside of the turn to lift right off the ground and the car spinning out O_O ....
By rich_p
I really want an AC Shelby Cobra, but this is a fun car to break out every once in a while and nowhere near the investment needed for a Cobra.
I lifted it once playing around, no spin and recovered fine but it is good to know where the limits are.
By aVWguy
knowing that it happens and how to use it for fun in a parkinglot on occasion isnt bad either .. and with those rims you wont have to tighten spokes every time you decide to play alittle rough lol
Last edited by aVWguy on Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's been a while since I posted. Since then I put a new splitter on my 2001 Grand Prix GTP. Other mods include:

Ported Eaton M90 Supercharger, 4" Cold Air Intake, SLP Headers, 3" Exhaust, Custom Programmed, Custom Paint, ASCD ram air / heat extracting hood, Mille Miglia Wheels, HID/Halo lighting, custom taillights, 1.5" lowering kit, Bilstein shocks, HD sway bars, Poly bushings, Drilled slotted rotors, and more.

here is our newest shop toy
Attachments
unnamed (12).jpg
Daddy's ride finally got a little love. I turned it into a family thing, my 3-year old owed me so I put him to work turning wrenches 8-) while my baby girl helped "reorganize" my tool box. :x :roll:

I added a ranch-hand type bumper I picked up used and some pretty darn bright LED lights I picked up off Ebay. They were about $30 a piece and replaced my headlight since they are WAY brighter :D Only downside, they are a bit too heavy for use on a BPRO, plus I'm sure they would put quite a draw on the battery. :(

20131231_111124.jpg

I also dropped the rear of the truck a couple inches. I plan to go another inch or so when I find some shorter U-bolts. The front has a 2" lift so I kinda like the new angle it sits at. :D

20131231_111141.jpg

My personal favorite... Schumacher SC-600 Ye[…]

So I would also recommend CJB Turbo Timer setup bo[…]

I am upgrading a Best Choice 12v Jeep purchased fr[…]

mine has a chrome housing with clear lens covers..[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course