KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Post pictures and Vids of your modifications here.
By aVWguy
i SHOULD be posting pics of my new ride .. instead i am wanting to plant a boot in someones............................you get the point

after waiting for the kid to deside to sell ... i was told it would be MINE TODAY ........................
waited all day and got alot of BS back and forth through texting (not me either) and STILL have no car ... have to wait untill tomorrow when i cant register the darned thing ... GEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Well I'm too young to drive, but my parents do.
They have a 2012 Range Rover HSE LUX,2011 Lincoln MKS, 1987 ascMcLaren Mustang, and I inherited a 1985 Cadillac Coupe de Ville! I'll post pics soon.
By aVWguy
LAYYYYLAAA.jpg

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th3ycKQV_4k&feature=fvst[/video]

my car and the source of her name ^_^ lol LAAAYYYLAAA

2001 mitsubishi eclipse GT
24V 3.0 litre DOHC V6
5 speed manual trans
power windows, sunroof
THE AC WORKS (again)
and an EPIC stareo with clear sound up front and enough bass to set off car alarms in the trunk O_O
EXTRAS: full fiberglass body/ground effects kit NEW IN THE PACKAGE
predetor 1200watt mosfet amp
rockford fosgate PUNCH 12" sub

got it all for $2400

needs a flex section welded into the exhaust ($40 for parts)
Last edited by aVWguy on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By aVWguy
PICS COMEING SOON!!!!!!!!!(....as i can afford a new camera)

as of yesterday me and mini me now have (scale appropriet) matching black motor scooters !!! ^_^

his is a razor pocket mod with schwiin cycle computer, training wheels, custom tag, and soon LED lights $90

mine ^_^ 2006 avanti 50cc in need of alot of plastic repair ... but it runs like a TOP $50

... [EDIT] .....before someone clobbers me for his scooter ... (24V for a 4 year old) ... he test drove it and did AWESOME untill he wanted to stop .. bike stopped smooth .. then he fell over :roll:

just for the sake of asking and thinking ahead a bit ... does any one know of an ESC with an adjustable top speed? ... wouldnt mind the possibility of bringing this lil toy down to PWs speed for now and gradualy bringing it up .. but dislike the evil workings of expence and complications at this point in life lol

i DO have helmets for both too and his is a full face .. and training wheels .... and NO shorts ...... and good solid boots lol
Last edited by aVWguy on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By aVWguy
the scootres have a theme and a name (from an anime)
both will be called shooting star ... and modified to look like old vespa scooters with a big (P!) sticker on them

for a better idea of where i'm going here ... look up the ending credits for FLCL (the above mentioned anime)
the song is called "ride on shooting star" ...and thats all that is said in english through out the song :/
[edit] ..... found a pic... lol

[EDIT...again} the above theme will be used on dravins little scooter .. but after alot of thinking (and conversing with others) the theme for my scooter has changed .. this one will be themed streethawk (2 wheeled equivilant to KITT from knight rider)

scooter 1.jpg

mine
2006 avanti
54mph top, 90mpg and 592.4 original miles ... $50
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

scooter 2.jpg

dravin's
razor pocket mod vapor
24V
15mph 10 mile battery range with me on it ... $90 :oops: :shock: :roll:
Last edited by aVWguy on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By aVWguy
... the pic of mine is showing its goood side ... it got rearended by a truck in 2008 and has a very naked rearend (plastic was shattered)
luckily no mechanical or frame damage was done .. but the poor thing was left to sit on its side near a horse barn for 4 years .... spent the past 3 days rewiring and playing in epoxy repairing the plastic that i have .. going to fabricate what i dont have to match the intended theme (i hate fiberglass work btw)
By aVWguy

what i have done on the scooter sofar ( well whats visable)
inside its gotten the variator upgraded and restrictors removed fron the trans,
rejet on the carb
EGR system rebuild and new fuel and vacume lines
TAIL LIGHTS!!!
front caliper rebuild to fix the hard locking antilock brakes -.-"(caused a wipeout on grass 2nd day running)

and now for the first time since the spring of 2008 it fires up every time and runs like new
Last edited by aVWguy on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
By aVWguy
ok then .. i shall have to get pics of my working machines now O_O (sweet deere btw)

mabey a sneak peek at my overkill firewood tractor O_O (2ton winch, chainsaw racks and woodsplitter onboard)
but then there is the old sears (the geezer) ... garden tractor older then me, slower then a BPRO but mean enough to drag an F150 out of the mud ... because my younger brother needs to lay off that gas pedal
By taz11
Jornum1 wrote:Fell in love with the Peg RZR I fixed up for my boy, had to pick up my own ;-)

I'm not talking to you anymore! :evil: :P :P :P
By aVWguy
not mine .. but i am currently spending alot of time in the seat of a 2006 massey ferguson GC2300 (the stepfather's toy)
it has the front loader, backhoe, 4 1/2ft 3pt snowblower and now a logsplitter i built for it ^_^
i have finaly begon to enjoy firewood season lmao
the tractor its self is a compact thing
small diesel engine and EVERYTHING is hydraulic O_O even the steering (mixed feelings on the lack of mechanical connection there)

awesome toy with one mega design flaw that i had to fix
the steering cylender was held in place with two 1/4inch thich steel plates that bent constantly makeing the steering CRAZY and all over the place ...
i built a cage to restrain that gremlin lol
useing 1/4 by 1 1/4 inch steel band and made two straps that go arround the mes with a small plate between to keep them in place verticly
works great and not a wobble or random jump in the steering since

fun part with that mess was the toools available ..
used a mig welder, a table vice and a kirby vacume with the no longer available 60's handi butler
the bacume cleaner was used for ALL of the grinding .. and then again for grinding to get an exhaust on my lil bro's truck
By Jornum1
Sorry Taz, if you guys come out here for a race I will let you ride it ;-)
The speed of this this is addicting! I cant believe people put turbo's on these!

CJB wrote:Not quite an RZR, but here's my new 2012 Polaris 500 HO with the 52" snow plow. If she gets a plow on her Polaris, I get one too dammit!

Thats what I just upgraded from. I had a 2011 with the same setup. I sold it for cash, and did a a trade + cash on my Husqvara dual sport to the rzr owner.
I love the Husky but just never had any time to ride it. It was way too big for my little bit of woods, never got it out of 2nd gear.
This one is the best of both worlds, and I have a safe seat for my son instead of riding in my lap!
When I could actually afford to modify real cars I owned a 98 SVT Contour then an 02 civic Si. Both cars were a blast but things changed and I had to buy a more suitable family car.
We all know the modding bug is terminal so I've redirected my enthusiasm towrard bicycles and Power Wheels. This vintage steel 1989 Bianchi, which waa recently upgraded with full modern Shimano Ultegra, is how I get to work, weather permitting. Top speed on a level grade under my own power is 32mph. It's a blast cruising past guys on their $4k carbon racers.
Last edited by STANDARD ISSUE on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
By RACER_X
i commute daily, bag setup is for picking up my 7 y.o. daughter from school, and yes i usually have a helmet strapped to the pass. seat.

Last edited by RACER_X on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By RACER_X
thank you sir

my previous ride, as you can see neither bike is stock, so why should my sons ride be stock, lol
Attachments
busa2.jpg
Last edited by RACER_X on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
By aVWguy
parts should be here soon for the scooter
going from the stock 50cc to a ported and bored 150cc long case ending with a 200cc w/40idf webber carb on a custom intake and out with 1 3/4 pipe into a glasspack muffler donated by a local harley shop
the neighbors will hate me (again)
By aVWguy
parts should be here soon for the scooter
going from the stock 50cc to a ported and bored 150cc long case ending with a 200cc w/40idf webber carb (left over from a VW rebuild) on a custom intake and out with 1 3/4 pipe into a glasspack muffler donated by a local harley shop
the neighbors will hate me (again)
iflytii wrote:I've been lurking for a while, finally made a post yesterday. Working on getting all the info on our project sorted for a project build here but in the meantime here is one of the daddy rides - a 1987 BMW e30 racecar with an LS1 under the hood.

It's been a long time project that's still not finished . It's under the knife again with some front aero mods and a few other tweaks.

The rest of my stable isn't really that interesting but includes a 1974 BMW 2002 (very, very long term project), Chevy 2500HD (have to have something to tow all this crap around with), and my wife's BMW e39 touring.

Somehow I knew I'd find you on here! LOL!
how is the wagon project V2.0 coming along? I am still looking for a set of wheels and tires for our little Flyer.
So to add to the fun, here are a few of my ongoing/near completed projects..
Just had a great track day at Hallet on Wednesday with this, my little 92' 325. Its underpowered but hella fun in the twisties:
EDIT: Just collected an S52 M3 powerplant and drive line for swap, underpowered problem fixed... :)

Next up is my adult size Power Wheel, this is the garage hog right now, still have to regear the axles before its trail worthy with those 33x12.50's

My eternal storage queen, 1972 914 with a 2004 Subie EJ25 swap. Some day, Oh some day....

Last edited by mrdezyne on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By aVWguy
finaly gott the drivers lisence figured out ... and disslike PA even more for the mess it was ... then the next day i turned 30 :(
starting to finaly finish layla (the 3g eclipse) and man she needs some help
trying to find a master bushing kit for the rearend to stop the raddles and hops and get new tires on it then an alignment and inspection (been driveing it uninspected :roll: )
selling the body kit if i can find a buyer .. not looking too good though
By aVWguy
after MEGA frustration and anger ... i find myself laughing with a bit of a sore forehead (facepalm)
hunted for the bushing kit for my car with no luck then while under ity looking things over i found the cause of the problem
... a loose bolt ONE ... and it had been loose for quite a while because the nut rusted to it
1/4 can of Blaster 2 days soaking and a quick tightening and the rear of my car is solid ^_^
..................... used to sway BADDLY in courners and over bumps ...rearend swinging from side to side :shock: like the reaper was rideing shotgun lmao
(my lil bro complained about that alot till i told him a girl that likes to shake it isnt a bad thing... he had no responce)

:? wish i had found that loose bolt right off ... would have saved the expence of new struts, springs, and mabey the tires that are on it :roll:
ANYWHO i get the new tires on it (have them here but been a bit lazy) and get her in for state inspection and layla is ready to hit the streets

ANND lol
LOVE the above 914 lol had one and loved it .... till it rusted out :/ hope you have better luck
Last edited by aVWguy on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By hkayssi
mrdezyne wrote:
iflytii wrote:I've been lurking for a while, finally made a post yesterday. Working on getting all the info on our project sorted for a project build here but in the meantime here is one of the daddy rides - a 1987 BMW e30 racecar with an LS1 under the hood.

It's been a long time project that's still not finished . It's under the knife again with some front aero mods and a few other tweaks.

The rest of my stable isn't really that interesting but includes a 1974 BMW 2002 (very, very long term project), Chevy 2500HD (have to have something to tow all this crap around with), and my wife's BMW e39 touring.

Somehow I knew I'd find you on here! LOL!
how is the wagon project V2.0 coming along? I am still looking for a set of wheels and tires for our little Flyer.
So to add to the fun, here are a few of my ongoing/near completed projects..
Just had a great track day at Hallet on Wednesday with this, my little 92' 325. Its underpowered but hella fun in the twisties:

Next up is my adult size Power Wheel, this is the garage hog right now, still have to regear the axles before its trail worthy with those 33x12.50's

My eternal storage queen, 1972 914 with a 2004 Subie EJ25 swap. Some day, Oh some day....

Great looking 914 :D . My favorite 914 restoration / upgrade by far is this one. You might want to look at the chassis stiffening he did. BTW, each pic has a sub album. The 914s are notorious for flexing especially with a powerful power train

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/the9146gt

Click on each of the pics to show you the entire sub album
http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/my9146gt_ch ... it_install
Last edited by hkayssi on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
HKAYSSI, thanks for the link, but OMG! When would I have time to play with powerwheels if I did a restoration/conversion like that? LOL!
That is a fantastic disease that man has, so much detail and planning to record every step along the way, excellent work.

I have added the stiffening kits to the longs and the trailing arms. It will recieve a little triangulation from a mild cage that will tie in the suspension points as well. With the Subaru swap I'm looking at about 175hp NA in a 2000lb car, not bad HP to LB ratio!
By hkayssi
mrdezyne wrote:HKAYSSI, thanks for the link, but OMG! When would I have time to play with powerwheels if I did a restoration/conversion like that? LOL!
That is a fantastic disease that man has, so much detail and planning to record every step along the way, excellent work.

I have added the stiffening kits to the longs and the trailing arms. It will recieve a little triangulation from a mild cage that will tie in the suspension points as well. With the Subaru swap I'm looking at about 175hp NA in a 2000lb car, not bad HP to LB ratio!

Haha, Yeah it's an amazing restoration that I came across a while back while planning a restoration project of my own. When I saw you're planning on putting that Subie power train I had to add the link to the stiffening kit; otherwise, with the power train you have, you'll have issues with the frame warping ;)

My old E36 looked a bit like yours but wasn't an M3, WTG, that car is a blast to drive in corners :lol: :lol: :lol: Good memories :D
By jonesee
my new dingo
Attachments
1-022.jpg
1-021.jpg
1-016.jpg
1-017.jpg
added cold air induction and a catch can to prevent crank case oil vapor from contaminating the intake runners and valves, works awesome
By JoshB
Lotsa sweet rides in here

Here's my 70 SS has a 454 with a 4sp trans and 4:11 posi outback, Im playing around with the ride height at the moment trying to see if I like these wheels or not ,nose needs to come down 2-3inches and the rear about 1 , maybe they'll stay or maybe they'll go ,it's a fun weekend cruiser

here she is with the factory ralleys

Here's my toy
'69 GTO Judge clone
turbo LS1 535hp 558tq

and this is one of my old toys..
'59 Galaxie
all stock plus air ride and everything worked.. even the Select Aire AC
built this and traded it away then traded back for it about a year later then sold it again
By RACER_X
bought wife a new Go-Kart

we are giving our 2003 Protege 5 to her 15y.o. son who lives in Kansas, so we needed a new car (next summer)

the lil pro5 has been to the shop 1x in 108,000 to get a new timing belt, last month, so to say the least we are very happy w/ mazda products, this is my 4 mazda product.

we were going to buy a NICE car, but she drives kinda in the hood and works at a hoodish hosp. so we decided to buy a reasonable car again

2012 Mazdaspped3
263 hp
280 ft/lbs
3200 lbs

5700mi and not even 4 mos old
hids
Nav
bose
ABS
traction
blind-spot detection
all for a little over $20k (a VERY good deal)
By aVWguy
aVWguy wrote:
LAYYYYLAAA.jpg

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th3ycKQV_4k&feature=fvst[/video]

my car and the source of her name ^_^ lol LAAAYYYLAAA

2001 mitsubishi eclipse GT
24V 3.0 litre DOHC V6
5 speed manual trans
power windows, sunroof
THE AC WORKS (again)
and an EPIC stareo with clear sound up front and enough bass to set off car alarms in the trunk O_O
EXTRAS: full fiberglass body/ground effects kit NEW IN THE PACKAGE
predetor 1200watt mosfet amp
rockford fosgate PUNCH 12" sub

got it all for $2400

needs a flex section welded into the exhaust ($40 for parts)

sofar this car has been a blast with occational setbacks ...
i found myself changeing a CV axle in the advance auto parkinglot in clarksville TN
then replaceing a caliper bolt that fell out in the advance auto parkinglot near syracuse NY ... i think layla likes that store :shock:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: anywho i now know that a 3G eclipse GT WILL bury the speedometer (top reading is 150mph)
By SigEp
aVWguy wrote:sofar this car has been a blast with occational setbacks ...
i found myself changeing a CV axle in the advance auto parkinglot in clarksville TN
then replaceing a caliper bolt that fell out in the advance auto parkinglot near syracuse NY ... i think layla likes that store :shock:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: anywho i now know that a 3G eclipse GT WILL bury the speedometer (top reading is 150mph)

Maybe it's just me, but when pieces of the suspension and brakes are falling off in parking lots, going 150mph might not be the best idea? :shock: :lol:
SigEp wrote:
aVWguy wrote:sofar this car has been a blast with occational setbacks ...

Maybe it's just me, but when pieces of the suspension and brakes are falling off in parking lots, going 150mph might not be the best idea? :shock: :lol:

I must agree
By ceejkay
well heres mine. 99 escalade. mar 2011 replaced entire front suspension, rebuilt trans, t case, and both diffs, feb 2012 put in a new crate gm 350. As of 2013 i have 3k on new motor. i dont drive very much lol. oh and i have 33s shoved under it
Last edited by ceejkay on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

The originator of the Hurrican pneumatic tire thre[…]

Check out my RC Dune Racer

The finished product is a beach cart. https:[…]

You'll need a 12v battery and a 6v battery of matc[…]

Throttle switch

I was trying to check the inside of the petal swit[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course