KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
By jhfla
I just purchased a new Jeep Hurricane for my kid and the radio has no reception and just static and I live in an urban area where there are plenty of strong signals. I took the radio out of the dash and the antenna wire is just around 2 inches then has exposed copper for around 1/2 inch. Wondering if this wire is suppose to be attached to a longer wire somewhere?
Thanks for your help.
Attachments
Jeep radio.jpg
By wired
Yes, it's usually a foot or so longer. You can just splice or solder a piece of 20-22g wire to it and it should help with the reception. The longer the wire the better. you can always shorten it as desired. I suggest capping the end off after adding the new length wire to prevent corrosion. They don't get great reception when new so don't expect the same results as a more powerful car radio.
By Bigmac41288b
Yes if I remember correctly when I had mine apart to add the lights the wire wrapped around behind the dashboard area at least once so it is probably 3-4 ft long. Still dose't have the best reception but my kids really don't care about the radio anyways.
By jhfla
Thanks guys - really appreciate it. Not expecting great reception just want better than static. Going to take apart tomorrow and see if I can attach some wire and maybe snake it around the windshield or behind the dashboard and see if that helps. Glad I found you guys!

8-)

Razor Crazy Cart 1000W

There's different versions of the Crazy Cart so ch[…]

modifing cheap kids trike?

I have learned to use the knowledge to spread it.

Corevette Motor

I like this issue a lot. It's really appropriate.

HobbyMasters Udemy Course