KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
By SigEp
Ok, so got a new (new used) Gaucho Rock'in. Paid $135... The lady wouldn't budge and this is the first one I've ever seen for sale anywhere near us. So I bit the bullet a little and paid her full asking. This one's going to be added to my son's keeper collection (no flippin this one!). All in all it's in great condition, missing only a few minor parts.

My plan is fairly simple for now. Take it apart, clean it up, replace the missing/broken parts, replace the stickers, and wire it up with a new 12V battery. Actually, the Peg battery it comes with still holds a good charge, may just keep that for now.

Down the road, plan to up-volt it to 18v...but here's what we have to start with:
Gaucho Rockin 1.JPG
Gaucho Rockin 1.JPG (57.95 KiB) Viewed 7240 times
Gaucho Rockin 2.JPG
Gaucho Rockin 2.JPG (56.33 KiB) Viewed 7241 times
Gaucho Rockin 3.JPG
Gaucho Rockin 3.JPG (56.52 KiB) Viewed 7241 times
Last edited by SigEp on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By SigEp
One tail light which was broken off (was installed in the ad...). The housing is fine, it's just the tabs that hold it on that are snapped off. Common Gaucho issue I think. Bag also has a couple extra bulbs, screws, etc.
By AUSSIE DARREN
looks great you will be shocked how much faster even stock Gaucho is than a pw jeeps! I think the last Gaucho's to ever come in Australia were silver edition's so I will never have one of them :(
& yes out of the 5 Gaucho's I have the tail lights were either missing or broken!
Last edited by AUSSIE DARREN on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SigEp
Ok, had some time yesterday and stripped most of the stuff off and power washed it. Took apart the dash, seats, etc.

Anyone know if the seat covers can be washed? Just wondering if I threw them in the laundry, if it would destroy them?
Gaucho Rockin 4.JPG
Gaucho Rockin 4.JPG (58.98 KiB) Viewed 7185 times
Gaucho Rockin 5.JPG
Gaucho Rockin 5.JPG (48.96 KiB) Viewed 7185 times
By SigEp
Here's most everything put back together. I have a few new parts coming and a few I still need to get.
Gaucho Rockin 6.JPG
Gaucho Rockin 6.JPG (60.72 KiB) Viewed 7185 times
Anyone know what these two holes are for on the back left of the body? Seems that most if not all Gauchos come with the holes, but I can't find any diagrams which say what they're for? Any ideas? I think once I install the stickers, one of them will likely cover it up.
Gaucho Rockin 7.JPG
Gaucho Rockin 7.JPG (27.47 KiB) Viewed 7185 times
By SigEp
When you say emblem, do you mean a plastic raised emblem like on the sides, or a sticker emblem? It's definitely missing stickers, but I have those on order. I think two stickers go on the back and I have a feeling they cover those holes. Just weird that they are there.
By dasilva100
The Gaucho silver has a red plastc raised emblem on these holes. I'm pretty sure the sport and A151 too. The grande have a sticker covering the holes
By SigEp
So another odd question. Our Rock'in came with raised red "Gaucho" letters on each side. But in all the stock photos I can find, the Silver comes with raised red Gaucho letters, but the Rock'in only has stickers there. Wondering if maybe the previous owners added them?

The sticker kit includes stickers that cover both sides where the red Gaucho insignias would be.

Raised letters or stickers?
By SigEp
So I guess maybe I have the "revised" model. This post has a picture which matches the dozens of other pictures I've found around the web. But it refers to an "old" version and a "revised" version. The "old" version shown doesn't have the raised Gaucho letters.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=383&p=2975&hilit=rockin#p2975
By dasilva100
Yes, you are right... I haven't seen the version with stickers before... I had one with the raised letters and also toysrus in my area also is selling the same one...
By dasilva100
dasilva100 wrote:Yes, you are right... I haven't seen the version with stickers before... I had one with the raised letters and also toysrus in my area also is selling the same one...
I just checked @ TRU and the rockin has both: stickers and red raised letters...
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (48.42 KiB) Viewed 7099 times
By jam1ej20
SigEp wrote:A ha, so that's how they do it. Hmm... that's going to be tough to line up! Looks good though. Thanks for figuring that out for me!
Use soapy water under the sticker so that you can move it around until you get it where you want it and then squeegee the water out leaving the sticker in place.

Ammonia free glass cleaner works well too, especially the foamy kind in the spray can.
Last edited by jam1ej20 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SigEp
Did a little more work on this project today. I installed all the decals. I also have another parts order in to Nsaellis to complete it. Once the parts come in, I can close this one out as a completed project!
Gaucho Rockin 8.JPG
Gaucho Rockin 8.JPG (53.24 KiB) Viewed 6999 times
By SigEp
Finally got the remaining parts I needed and finished this one up. Here's the completion pics:
Gaucho Rockin 9.JPG
Gaucho Rockin 9.JPG (51.21 KiB) Viewed 6892 times
Gaucho Rockin 10.JPG
Gaucho Rockin 10.JPG (48.71 KiB) Viewed 6892 times
Gaucho Rockin 11.JPG
Gaucho Rockin 11.JPG (45.55 KiB) Viewed 6892 times
Gaucho Rockin 12.JPG
Gaucho Rockin 12.JPG (56.67 KiB) Viewed 6892 times
Gaucho Rockin 13.JPG
Gaucho Rockin 13.JPG (50.96 KiB) Viewed 6892 times
Gaucho Rockin 14.JPG
Gaucho Rockin 14.JPG (49.34 KiB) Viewed 6892 times
Gaucho Rockin 15.JPG
Gaucho Rockin 15.JPG (52.01 KiB) Viewed 6892 times
Last edited by SigEp on Sun May 08, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jparthum
Looks awesome SigEp! Great job! :)

I would probably pay that much for one also, if I ever located one in my area :x . And I would probably restore it, as you did (hopefully with good results :? ) so it when my son outgrew it, it could either be kept as an heirloom, or resold for a profit (if the buyer met my strict criteria :lol: ). 8-)
By SAHDman
Sig, is this a revised Rockin? Mine looks identical but I can't find what the difference between the old and revised Rockin is.
By SigEp
SAHDman wrote:Sig, is this a revised Rockin? Mine looks identical but I can't find what the difference between the old and revised Rockin is.
I believe it's a revised, yes. The only difference I've seen in Rock'ins is with the European models. They usually don't have tools in the toolbox and don't have the fake engine battery cover.

I saw that they sell 24 volt motors on Amazon they[…]

So I saw on Amazon that they sell 24v gears it say[…]

Batmobile- 1992 Power Drivers

I'd try to plastic weld the cracks, pretty easy to[…]

Plasti-dip

I wouldn't recommend it. I've dipped my Hayabusa […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course