KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Use this area as your personal project pages or blog! Each thread belongs to one user as a project page!
By jonesee
I just acquired a rare peg Diablo and am hoping someone on here has parts or knows someone that does. I just took it off the trailer and have not torn it down yet but I already know I need a drivers side rear tail lite lens, both head light lenses and alot of elbow grease!!

any help would be appreciated.

If I cannot get parts I guess I would be open to part it out to someone else that has a restoration project, anyone interested in my plan B ?
Attachments
1-002.jpg
could have used sun screen
3-004.jpg
taped the hood down to prevent blowing off on the highway ride home lol
5-006.jpg
looks like a compost pile to me!!
4-005.jpg
loved the hidden tool storage behind seats in the bed
By jonesee
any suggestions on prep work of the body? this will be my first attempt at painting a ride on body

Are the windows salvageable in this bad of shape?

I was told that it has a fiberglass undercarriage and it seems like you need to treat the gel coat a specific way if I remember correctly.
Last edited by jonesee on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SigEp
It looks like it will be a cool jeep after a paint job. Those windows look shot. You'll probably just need to replace them. As far as paint, there are quite a few FAQs, but basically I clean off any marks, sand, wash with Simple Green, then paint away.
By Gt-R
The windows could actually be saved maybe. Take the window fully out of the frame and let it soak in bleach overnight. Afterwards try it off and buy a can of Comet and let it soak in a tucket of hot water with the comet in it. It should come off clean after running a scrub brush over it.

But I like that little Diablo. Is that a actual shifter boot or what?
By AUSSIE DARREN
Gt-R wrote:The windows could actually be saved maybe. Take the window fully out of the frame and let it soak in bleach overnight. Afterwards try it off and buy a can of Comet and let it soak in a tucket of hot water with the comet in it. It should come off clean after running a scrub brush over it.

But I like that little Diablo. Is that a actual shifter boot or what?

yeah that shifter boot is factory a Diablo has Mechanical gear box like a Hi Torque Gaucho
By Gt-R
I kinda wanna get my hands on one even even more now. But yeah the way I clean any of my windows is that same way and it usually does it for me. Course I dunno how caked on the gunk is on that one.
By taz11
That is the coolest ride I've seen. I have one too but it is a little worse off that yours. They are extremely rare.
By Peter S
Hi From New Zealand, how have you got on with the Diablo? we have one in only slightly better condition, well it was until a gearbox stripped, if you have not been able to fix it up I would like to get the two gearboxes our son goes to LA regulary so he could bring back from there. I see mentioned the Hi Torque Gaucho is similar to will look at that possibility.

Peter Scarrott
Napier New Zealand
By jonesee
Peter S wrote:Hi From New Zealand, how have you got on with the Diablo? we have one in only slightly better condition, well it was until a gearbox stripped, if you have not been able to fix it up I would like to get the two gearboxes our son goes to LA regulary so he could bring back from there. I see mentioned the Hi Torque Gaucho is similar to will look at that possibility.

Peter Scarrott
Napier New Zealand

I have abandoned this project and plan to part it out. I never was able to figure out how to get the rear wheels off and the drivers side gearbox skips when turned by hand. When I turn the axle it just spins so there is another shaft that I cannot get to. I would be happy to sell you any needed parts. Right now it is covered in snow but I have the rear tub assembly intact I think. Let me know.

P.S. I am in West Michigan fyi
By jonesee
acmebp1 wrote:Are you still parting out this Diablo?

sure am, what parts are you looking for?
By jonesee
Since this truck was just too brittle from sun exposure I decided to turn it into wall art. Took a sawzall and angle grinder to the whole rig and sliced it up to hang on the wall. Will update pictures after paint and decals. Will be adding head lites, tail lites, underglow and even dissected my shop clock to install in the wheel.
Attachments
IMG_20160227_122454542.jpg
mock up on wall before I get the sander out...
By hkayssi
What a great idea :shock: :D 8-)
I'll do that once the weather warms up a bit. I have a huge pile of the older rides the kids used that they no longer use or fit in 8-)
By jonesee
painted and hung on the wall, all that is left is wiring up the leds to a 12 volt wall transformer.
Attachments
IMG_20160301_144231880.jpg
IMG_20160301_144253703.jpg
IMG_20160301_144314569.jpg
By jonesee
finally getting around to posting finished pics of the diablo wall art project. I think it turned out pretty sharp
Attachments
DSC_0233.JPG
with lights on
DSC_0231.JPG
finished wall art
DSC_0250.JPG
looks good on the shop wall
By toycrusher
Hey! I have a shop full of powerwheels too! Except you can't walk across mine without tripping and breaking your neck, most are currently not functioning, and the wait to see the "doctor" is more of an indefinite hold... :? :lol: :oops:

Sounds like the switch. Pop it out and test with a[…]

The project is picking up pace. The 1" tubes […]

Hey guys, it's been a while. Things got really bus[…]

PW Corvette help

So I bought a Black PW Corvette from craigslist, t[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course